If you would like to post something in a Facebook group without having to reveal your name, you can utilize Facebook’s anonymous posting feature. It is easy to use if a group administrator has enabled this feature. Don’t worry, I will show you how to post Anonymously in a Facebook Group.
Information About Anonymous Facebook Posts
If you wish to make an anonymous post in a Facebook group, the group administrator has to have enabled the feature. Anonymous posts will not appear immediately, you will need to wait for approval from an admin or moderator.
Note – The group admins, moderators, as well as a Facebook team can still see your name in your anonymous posts.
Say you are the admin of a group and you wish to enable anonymous posting in your group, you just need to follow the instructions at the end of this guide.
How to Post Anonymously in a Facebook Group?
If you wish to create an anonymous post in a Facebook group, you can do so using any Facebook-supported device, for example, Windows, Mac, Linux, Chromebook, iPhone, iPad, as well as Android devices.
The steps to compose an anonymous post are similar for all devices.
- To begin, launch a web browser on your computer, then head over to the Facebook site.
- After the site loads, from the sidebar on the left, click on “Groups.”
- As you’re on the “Groups” screen, from the sidebar on the left, click on your group. Then, in the pane on the right, click on “Anonymous Post.”
- This will open an “Anonymous Post” window, here click on “Create Anonymous Post” at the bottom.
- You will then spot a “Create Post” window. Here, click the large text field, and compose a message as you usually do. After you’re finished, click “Submit.”
Facebook will then submit the post to the group admins as well as moderators. The post will only be published after either an admin or a moderator approves it.
How to Enable Anonymous Posting in a Facebook Group?
If you want to turn on anonymous posting in a Facebook group, you have to be an admin in that group.
After you confirm that you are an admin, go to the Facebook website. From the sidebar on the left, click on “Groups,” and then select your group.
- On the group screen, from the “Admin Tools” section, click on “Settings.”
- Scroll down the “Settings” page to locate “Features.” Here, besides “Anonymous Posting,” click the pencil icon.
- On the “Anonymous Post” window that appears, from the “Anonymous Posting” section at the bottom, click on “On.” Then, click on “Save” at the bottom.
And that’s it you have successfully enabled anonymous posts in your Facebook group.
You have the ability to turn anonymous posts off in your group at any time, as well. To do so, go to the same “Anonymous Post” window, from the “Anonymous Posting” section, and click on “Off.” Then, click on “Save” at the bottom.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know How to Post Anonymously in a Facebook Group?