Do you enjoy meeting and chatting with random people on the internet? Then you probably are quite familiar with Omegle. Omegle is a popular online platform that allows users to text or video chat with random strangers from all over the world. Omegle allows you to find as well as connect with people who match your interests, you can interact with them through messages or videos, and the best part is that all of it is for free.
However, overpopulation has affected the site, Omegle is now poorly moderated, causing a huge safety concern among its users. Thankfully, Omegle isn’t the only name in the game, countless other chat sites have so much more to offer. Here are the 10 best Omegle alternatives to chat with strangers.
If you don’t want to read through in detail, then here’s a short list of all the alternatives to Omegle
10 Omegle Alternatives to Chat with Strangers
ChatHub is a completely free anonymous chatting site where users can text or video chat with random people, similar to Omegle. ChatHub is exceedingly easy to use, it requires no registration to begin chatting. There are two types of chatrooms, the Main room is for having a friendly talk with someone. Whereas the Adult room is meant for flirting and else. Some advanced settings allow users to only match with people who appear on camera. Or, you can set it so that you only encounter people who only speak. There is also a genre filter, however, you will need to pay for a Plus subscription ($14.99/month) to utilize it.
- Language and country filter – You can filter out potential partners based on the language they speak or the country they are using ChatHub from. This allows you to express yourself better which also helps in finding more things in common. Currently, there are only three languages users can choose from English, Spanish, and Arabic, however, the list of countries is much more impressive.
- Mobile compatibility – There is no official mobile app, however, the ChatHub website is highly compatible with smartphones as well as tablets. It can be accessed via your mobile browser, allowing you to text or talk comfortably from the convenience of mobile.
- Avoid multiple matches – This feature is useful to prevent ever matching up with the same user multiple times.
Chatroulette has been around almost as long as Omegle, it is also one of the simplest chat sites around. The site follows a currency system, they provide you with 30 coins to start with, and you will garner 30 more with every minute you spend in chat. You will receive another 8 if someone chooses you, you will lose 5 every time you search for a user.
- Easy-to-navigate – The site has a complete no-nonsense approach; it gets you started right away. In the beginning, you will get a quick explanation of the currency system, then you dive straight into a chat.
- Simple currency system – Chatroulette has a very basic currency system in place to weed out trolls and other users who just jump from chat to chat. To be put simply, you earn coins the longer you stick with a chat, you spend some when you hop onto a new chat.
- Image recognition algorithm – This piece of code automatically filters out indecent content, it then flags the person who broadcasts it in the first place, which makes Chatroulette a friendly platform.
Tinychat is available for the web, Android, as well as iOS, it is an online chat site that allows you to instantly create a room. On TinyChat you can talk to other people via text, voice, or even video chat. The room can be on any topic you want to discuss. This is a fairly straightforward platform that works well on mobile devices as well as on a computer.
The majority of rooms do not allow simple guests in, so you would want to create an account whether you plan on being a room creator or a joiner. You can share your room on social media, such as Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc., to attract participants.
Tinychat has three membership tiers that start at $4.14 per month. The entry tier is called Pro, which grants you a green nickname highlight, high-quality videos, no ads, along with Pro badges. The Extreme tier provides you the same things, but this time you have a purple name, Extreme badges, priority listing, along with the ability to join more than one room at a time. The final Gold tier gets you all of the above with a gold nickname, badges, along with unlimited video viewing in your room.
- Virtual store – Where you can purchase a wide variety of gifts for other users and membership upgrades.
- Find people near you – TinyChat allows you to find people near you by offering a separate category that can be accessed from the main screen.
While using EmeraldChat signup is very much recommended, so you can pick a nickname, then add extra info to your profile. EmeraldChat’s matching system pairs you with people who share common interests.
Similar to the original Omegle website, on EmeraldChat you can chat via text only, if this is what you prefer, however, a video chat option is also available. It will cost around $3.89 to unlock Emerald Gold and get access to the genre as well as karma level filters, among other features.
- Constant moderation – The site is actively moderated, it has a smart point system to ward off bots as well as unsavory users. On top of moderators, the website features an automated system that enforces regulations.
- Karma system – All users begin with zero karma points. They can give others a positive or a negative point after a chat. If you earn too many negative points, the system or moderator will place restrictions on your account. If you give another user a negative point, a CAPTCHA will be forced on their account, thus stopping bots in their tracks.
CamSurf (works with Web | Android | iOS) is an excellent substitute as it is super user-friendly and boasts an inviting interface. Creating an account is easy and you can immediately begin chatting with strangers. You can filter chatters by country, if you wish to speak to someone from a particular region you have the ability to do so with CamSurf. Note – Don’t forget to set a genre, before you begin to chat with others.
CamSurf offers a paid tier that costs around $19.99 per month, it also unlocks a gender filter as well as private chat and reconnecting options. This also allows you to link your Instagram account to the service to gain followers.
- Personalized interactions – CamSurf allows users to add their interests so that they can connect with people who share similar passions as yours. Keep in mind to add them before you start chatting so that you have a better experience.
- Fast servers – The website utilizes premium servers to allow for speed connections as well as high-quality videos.
Shagle is a stylish chatting platform that instantly connects you to users from all around the world. You just have to select the genre, then you can start chatting. If anonymity is what you are searching for, then you will be able to notice that Shagle does not require you to use the camera if you do not want to. You can just opt for the text-only version, which is a lot safer.
A lot of the features of Shagle are accessible to free users, for example, the genre as well as country filters. If you decide to pay for a subscription, you will be able to hide your location, sport a verified badge, and also be able to use a reconnect option. Which costs $19.99 per month.
- Virtual gifts –If you meet someone you like Shagle offers tons of virtual gifts that you can send to the people you chat with.
- Private chats – Note – It’s a paid feature. Shagle supports encrypted as well as unmoderated chats for maximum privacy.
- Interests-based selection – Shagle promotes personalized interactions, it allows you to add interests to the My Account area.
ChatRandom (supported on Web | Android | iOS), connects you to random people around the world. The platform provides a guide on how to chat with strangers, along with various tips. ChatRandom allows you to choose your gender, then you can type out your interests before you begin chatting so that the other person knows a little more about you.
ChatRandom like others provides an upgrade to premium to unlock more features including gender filters, hiding your location, as well as a “verified” badge.
- Catchy UI – ChatRandom is easy on the eyes thanks to the site’s color combination. It is bright and inviting, it also includes many helpful messages.
- Masks – Say do not want to show your entire face, then there are a bunch of fun masks you can switch between to make the video chats even more interesting.
Chatspin is an excellent option for those who wish to get chat with strangers from all over the world, similar to Omegle. The website has a large user base, on top of that, it also has an attractive interface, which is easy to use regardless of your location.
Another reason for ChatSpin’s popularity is that it offers countless free features, you are not required to pay for a premium membership to enjoy your time. You can connect with strangers, and enjoy chatting completely for free. However, certain features are exclusive to VIP users.
- A lot of features are available for free members
- ChatSpin can be used for meeting friends as well as dating online
- ChatSpin has a User-friendly interface
Bazoocam is an online chat website that takes stringent measures to safeguard its users from fraudsters as well as abusers (as the internet is full of them). The multiplayer games are the main distinguishing characteristic of Bazoocam. The feature enables users to enjoy themselves while playing games, which also helps in bringing people closer together.
On top of that, the website uses a geolocation algorithm to help you connect with people in your area. Bazoocam is user-friendly, you need to simply click the Start button to initiate a conversation with a random stranger. The Next button is used to advance to new chats quickly as well as efficiently.
- Multiple-player games are available which help you to connect with new people quickly
- You can switch chats quickly as well as efficiently using the next button
- Bazoocam Intuitive user interface
LiveMe works on the web, Android as well as iOS, however, this has a different perspective. LiveMe is a popular live-streaming social network that allows you to broadcast yourself to millions of users worldwide, much like the immensely popular Twitch. If you do not feel like broadcasting, you can just browse the different streamers, you can also interact with them or other people watching the broadcast via chat.
LiveMe is an app-based platform that can be downloaded for free on your mobile device, though you can watch videos on a desktop if you wish. However, if you wish to broadcast; it has to be from your smartphone or from a tablet. LiveMe has an in-app currency called Coins, these can be earned based on activity or can be bought from the app store for cash. 69 coins cost you around $1.19 and can buy you VIP privileges that unlock a host of additional features, for example, a VIP badge, ID label, group chat box, replay, etc.
- Live chat/Video call – You can invite your friends to join you on a video call or chat. Or, you can start a group call with up to nine members using the Multi-beam feature.
- Group creation – You are able to start groups about a particular topic in the hopes of having like-minded people join you.
- Plenty of stickers as well as filters – You can add fun stickers or change the overall filter of your broadcast or video call. This feature gives you a more personalized as well as an enjoyable experience.
CooMeet, unlike many other chat platforms on this list, focuses on meeting women. The website ensures there are female users available throughout the day, and all female users on the site are verified upon registration to ensure the safety of users.
The site is regulated and moderated around the clock, thankfully, no fakes or bot chats are allowed. This ensures you get to meet as well as interact with genuine people whenever you connect with a new person.
You have the ability to choose to maintain your anonymity on the site by not creating an account. You also don’t need to show your real face on camera. However, to access the majority of its features, it is recommended that you make an account. The only con is that there is no app for iOS smartphones.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know 10 Omegle Alternatives to Chat with Strangers.