Are you having trouble transferring data like Messages, Contacts, and Photos from your Android to an iPhone? Yes, it can be extremely difficult, few users don’t bother and just start afresh when switching to an iPhone.
Despite it being a daunting task, if you have the right and helpful app, you can transfer your data from Android to your iPhone easily.
The Best apps to Sync contacts from Android to iPhone are:
- Move to iOS
- Contact Transfer
- Droid Transfer
- Smart Transfer
- Android File Transfer
Best apps to Sync contacts in Android/iOS (In-depth)
Move to iOS
This app is Apple’s solution to switching from the Android platform to their iOS. Move to iOS is a free app, and it serves its purpose well, however, there is only one limitation: this solution has to be performed during the setup of a new iPhone.
If you sadly have already set up the new iPhone and you do not wish to lose data by resetting it you can use the other apps mentioned further in this article.
But if you are setting up a new iPhone and wish to use the data from the Android, follow the:
- Download the Move to iOS app on the Android Phone.
- Connect both of the devices to power, and make sure you connect them to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Turn on the new iPhone and start the setup wizard.
- Complete every step till you reach “Apps & Data,” then, select the “Move Data from Android” option.
- Launch Move to iOS on your Android, tap on Continue, on the “Find your Code” screen, and tap on Next.
- On the iPhone, tap on Continue on the “Move from Android” screen and wait till you get the code.
- Enter the code on the Android phone to establish the connection between iPhone and Android.
- On the Android device select what data you wish to transfer to the iPhone, say Contacts, then hit next.
- After the transfer completes you can continue, then finish the setup on the iPhone.
To transfer contacts from an Android to an iPhone, there are significantly fewer apps that will help you as well Contact Transfer.
This app is for Windows PC, it can connect with iPhones as well as Android devices, and it enables you to quickly transfer contacts. Unlike with “Move to iOS”, Contact Transfer can be used even after setting up your iPhone
To transfer Android contact to iPhone with Contact Transfer:
- Install the Contact Transfer software on your PC, you also need the Contact Transfer Android app, which can be found in Google Play Store.
- Launch Contact Transfer on the computer, and click on Android and iPhone respectively as the Source and Destination devices. Click on Continue.
- To connect the devices:
- Android: Launch the app and tap on “Scan Contact Transfer QR Code,” now use the device’s camera to scan the QR code shown in Contact Transfer on the computer.
- iPhone: Use the iPhone’s USB cable to connect it to the PC.
- Then click on Continue.
- Select the contacts you want to transfer, or, just tick the All checkbox to select all contacts from the list.
- Click Transfer to begin.
Droid Transfer is a program that provides a plethora of features for transferring files from your Android phone to a PC. This tool will help you transfer all types of data, you can even transfer Files, Music as well as Call Logs which are not available in the “Move to iOS” application.
Note – Droid Transfer will copy data from your Android device to your PC, not directly to the iPhone. You will have to perform further steps to transfer the data from the PC to your iPhone.
- First, download and install Droid Transfer on your PC.
- Connect the Android Device, you can either connect Droid Transfer and Transfer Companion over your local Wi-Fi Network or with a USB cable.
- Click on ‘Contacts’ in Droid Transfer.
- Tap on ‘Copy to Contacts’ to copy all the contacts in the list.
- Open iTunes, and connect the iPhone using a USB cable.
- Click on your device in iTunes.
- Tap on the ‘Info’ tab, and make sure the ‘Sync Contacts With’ box has a tick.
- You also need to ensure that ‘Windows Contacts’ is selected.
- If you are happy with the sync settings, click on ‘Apply’.
SHAREit is a great tool that is available for pretty much any system. The app has fast transfer speeds of up to 20M/s, however, this also depends on your connection and network. To use SHAREit:
- Download the SHAREit app on your Android device, it is available in the Google Play Store) and on your iPhone, available in the Apple App Store.
- You have to connect both devices to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Open the SHAREit app on your Android phone as well as your iPhone.
- On Android, tap the Send button and select the files you wish to send. Then tap Next to proceed.
- On your iPhone, tap the Receive button to open the connection between the Android and iPhone.
- Your iPhone should be visible as a device on your Android phone. On Android, tap on the iPhone device to start transferring the selected files.
Note: SHAREit requires access to GPS, Location services, and Bluetooth on your device. If you prefer your chosen app not to have access to these permissions, it is recommended you use another method, for example, Droid Transfer.
Smart Transfer is similar to SHAREit i.e., the app has to be installed on both Android and iPhone devices to make a connection. On the contrary smart Transfer can transfer more types of files with the addition of Contacts as well as Calendars. To use Smart transfer:
- You first have to download and install the Smart Transfer app on your Android and iPhone.
- Open Smart Transfer on your Android device, then tap on Send.
- Launch Smart Transfer on your iPhone, and tap on receive.
- Choose whether to connect using Hotspot or Wi-Fi, you will see a 6-digit code on your iPhone screen.
- Enter the code into Smart Transfer on the Android device, then tap on Continue.
- Accept the connection on the iPhone, and tap on Yes.
- Now, on the Android device, select the data you wish to transfer to the iPhone. After you have selected, hit Start to initiate the transfer.
The downside is that you cannot select individual items, for example, a single photo). You have to select a category like Pictures, this will transfer all the pictures from Android to iPhone.
Android File Transfer
Android File Transfer is for Mac only this app allows you to connect your Android to your Mac. It allows you to browse and transfer files from the Android to the Mac itself.
Yes, you can’t transfer files directly from Android to iPhone with Android File Transfer, but transferring to your Mac is a great way, as you only need a step away to transfer them to your iPhone using iCloud.
To use Android File Transfer to copy files from Android to Mac follow the:
- First, download and Install Android File Transfer on the Mac.
- Connect your Android device to the Mac using a USB cable.
- When the Android asks what you would like to use the connection for, click on “File Transfer”.
- Open Android File Transfer to browse the files in Android.
- Select the files you wish to transfer, then simply drag and drop them into a folder on the Mac.
- After you are done you can disconnect your Android and connect the iPhone.
Depending on the data transferred from your Android, you might have to perform different tasks to then transfer the information onto your iPhone.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know the Best apps to Sync contacts from Android to iOS.