Do you wish to share your YouTube videos on Instagram? Be it a promo video, sneak peek trailer, a how-to tutorial, or funny skit, you have the ability to easily share YouTube videos to Instagram in a few simple steps.
In this article, you will learn how to post a YouTube video on Instagram as a post, Story, as well as a video link.
How to resize YouTube videos for Instagram?
YouTube videos are in a different aspect ratio to Instagram’s requirements; however, we will not let that stop us from posting them. All you have to do is resize them, and to do so just follow these steps you can use any software or third-party apps, for example, Clipchamp.
- First, you need to log in to Clipchamp
- Upload the YouTube video. Then drag and drop it onto the timeline
- Now, change the aspect ratio from 16:9 to 1:1 or 9:16
- Adjust the borders and position, or you could just rotate the video
- Export the new Instagram sized video in 720p or 1080p resolution
How to post a YouTube video on Instagram as a video post as well as a Reel?
To post YouTube videos on Instagram, you first need to download the video to your computer. If you are saving another creator’s YouTube video, make sure to have permission from the original creator before you download it.
Step 1. Upload the YouTube video to the video editor and Edit the aspect ratio
Upload your YouTube video to the video editor, then edit it to match the Instagram requirements, using whatever software you are comfortable with. You need to change the ratio from the 16:9 aspect ratio to the 1:1 or 9:16 aspect ratio suitable for Instagram posts. The video will now have a black border, preview the video before you export it.
There may also arise a need for you to trim your YouTube video to Instagram’s video length requirements. The minimum length of an Instagram video is 3 seconds and the maximum is 10 minutes.
Step 2. Save the new Instagram video
Export the edited video from the video editor to your device. Select the video quality you would like to save your Instagram video in, 720p or 1080p resolution is recommended for social media uploads. Make sure the video does not exceed 650MB and the time limit of 10 minutes.
Step 3. Post the YouTube video to Instagram
Go to your Instagram account, then click on the + Create a new post button. Click on Post or Reel, then upload the video from where it is saved, then follow the on-screen instructions.
How to post a YouTube video as an Instagram Story?
- Save the YouTube video on your computer
- Edit the aspect ratio of your video
- Save the new video to your smartphone
- Open the Instagram app, then tap on the + symbol, then tap on Story
- Now, upload the video from the camera roll
- Select either your Story or your Close Friends to publish the YouTube video
How to post a YouTube video on Instagram Story like a link?
This feature is not available for everyone, sadly. If you have over 10,000 followers on Instagram then you can share YouTube videos to Instagram Stories as a video link using the Swipe-up feature.
- First, open the Instagram app on your smartphone
- Tap on the + symbol, then select Story
- Tap on the chain icon, this is situated at the top of your screen
- Tap on URL, then paste the link to the YouTube video here, then tap on Done
- Select either your Story or Close Friends to publish the YouTube video
If you do not have over 10,000 followers, you can use the Instagram Story sticker link button instead. To use this, you need to paste your YouTube video URL into the URL box, customize the sticker text, then share it with Your Story or Close Friends.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know How to Share YouTube Video on Instagram Story?