When you make a public profile on Snapchat, you gain the ability to connect with more people than just your immediate friends. This profile is different from your private one, I will show you how to create it, as well as how to delete it if your Snapchat Public profile is not your mojo.
What Is a Public Profile on Snapchat?
Before you know how to make a public profile, you need to understand what it means. A public profile on Snapchat allows you to connect with a wider audience. In a Public profile, you can add information that you want the public to see. The information includes your photo, bio, as well as description, which can be different from a regular Snapchat profile.
You also have the ability to post Stories as well as Lenses in your public profile. People can subscribe to your profile to get updates; you can also display a subscribers count to see how many people are currently following you.
Say eventually you get sick of managing your public profile, you can just delete it, and it’s easy.
Who Can Make a Public Profile?
In the past, public profiles were only available to verified creators. However, the platform has grown enormously and since removed the limitation. If you wish to create a public profile on Snapchat, the minimum requirements are:
- You have to be at least 18 years old.
- The Snapchat account must be older than 24 hours.
- You need to have at least one bi-directional friend; this means you have both accepted each other.
- You have to adhere to Snapchat’s Community Guidelines.
How to create a Public Profile on Snapchat?
To start the process of making your public profile, first, you need to launch the Snapchat app on your device, be it iPhone or an Android phone.
- Tap your profile icon, this is situated in Snapchat’s top-left corner.
- On the profile page, under the “Public Profiles” section, select “Create Public Profile.”
- At the bottom of the “Create Public Profile” page tap on “Continue.”
- Again, scroll to the bottom of the page, and tap on “Get Started.”
- A “Create Public Profile” prompt will appear. Select “Create.”
You will be directed to your profile page. Once you are there, in the “Public Profiles” section, you will be able to notice your newly created profile, to open it, tap on “My Public Profile.”
You can now see the created Snapchat public profile, anything that you post will be visible to the public. If you wish to make changes to this profile, tap on “Edit Profile.”
On the “Edit Profile” page, you have the ability to customize your profile with your details. Say you wanted to add a photo to this profile, tap on “Add Profile Photo.” Similarly, if you wish to add your bio, tap on “Tap to Add Bio.”
Or, you could tap on “Location” to add your location details. Tap on “Show Subscriber Count” to display your subscribers’ count on the profile.
You can try other options and change them to your liking.
How to Delete Your Public Profile?
If you ever wish to remove your public presence from Snapchat, you just need to delete your public profile.
- To delete your Public profile, tap on the gear icon, which is situated in the top-right corner of your profile page.
- Scroll to the bottom of the “Profile Settings” page, then select “Delete Public Profile.”
- Tap on “Delete” from the prompt.
Note – Deleting your public profile will also delete all your public profile content. Only proceed if you are okay with the terms.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know How to Make a Public Profile on Snapchat (IOS & Android)?