- Advertisement -
Do you want to delete Gmail account without deleting your Google Account? If so, this blog post will walk you through it. It’ll take about 5 minutes of time and will save you hours if not days of headache. It is easy to juggle a handful of Google accounts, however, Gmail accounts are a whole different story, as they attract spam along with hackers. If you do not need it, this article will show you how to delete your Gmail account.
The good news is you can delete your Gmail without deleting your Google account as well. When you delete your Gmail account, what happens is you lose access to your inbox, along with every email you’ve sent and received, that email address will be disabled. All the emails will be deleted within two business days.
It is advised that you update your email address on all important accounts before you delete your Gmail account. It is impossible to recover the account using a deleted Gmail address. Visit Google Takeout to download all of your data from your Gmail as well as Google accounts. Depending on the quantity you’ve stored, this might take some time.
- Advertisement -
Delete Gmail account without deleting Google account: Step-by-step guide
- Go to the Gmail website, then log in to your account.
- Click on Menu at the top right, then click on “Account.”
- You will be entering the Google account management page. Click on “Data and Personalization”, which can be spotted in the sidebar.
- Keep scrolling until you find “Delete a Service or Your Account.”, then click on it.
- Click on “Delete a Service.”
- Sign in by entering your password, then click on “Next.”
- On the “Delete a Google Service” page, click on Delete, it can be seen next to the Gmail label.
- Here, you can type an email address that will serve as a new backup as well as a login option for the rest of your Google account. You will need to resort to a non-Gmail account for this.
- After entering, click on “Send Verification Email.”
- After the popup appears, click on “Got it.”
- Open the inbox for the email address you provided, then check for a new email, it will be titled “Gmail Deletion Confirmation.”
- Open the link in the email.
- You will then see a final confirmation screen. Take your time and read it.
- Check the box to confirm, if you are sure you want to delete the account permanently, then click on “Delete Gmail.”
- After the next screen appears, click on “Done”, which will complete the process.
The Gmail account will be deleted. You won’t be able to log in to your Gmail or Google account using this email address. From now on, you will be using the alternative email address that you provided. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Delete Your Gmail Account Without Deleting Your Google Account?