If you are looking to write blog posts, you need a blog that will hold these posts. Google Blogger is a free, simple blogging platform that provides useful tools. This article will show you how to get start a Blog using Google Blogger.
If you’ve ever gone to a website that has “Blogspot” in the URL, that means you have visited a blog that uses Google Blogger. It’s a popular blogging platform as it’s free, all you need is a free Google account, which you already have if you have a Gmail address, you don’t need to know any technical mastery to set up or to publish blog posts. It’s not only a blogging platform, and it’s not the only free option, however, it is an easy way to start blogging.
How to Create Your Blog using Google Blogger?
- Log into your Google account. If you are part of the majority, this means logging into Gmail, however, if you don’t already have a Gmail account, you can create one, this article might help you.
- After logging in, click on the nine-dot grid, this will open a list of Google apps, then click on the “Blogger” icon or Visit Blogger.
- Then click on “Create Your Blog”.
- Choose a display name, this is what the readers will see when they read your blog. This doesn’t need to be your real name. This is changeable later.
- After you’ve decided and entered your name, click on “Continue to Blogger.”
- The blog is ready to be created. Click on “Create New Blog”.
- The “Create a New Blog” opens, here you need to choose a Title, Address, as well as theme for your blog.
- The title will be the name that’s displayed, the Address is the URL that people will use to access the blog, the Theme is the layout, as well as the color scheme for your blog. All of these can be changed later if wanted, so, don’t stress about making it perfect right away.
- The Address must be [something]. Blogspot.com. When you type an address; a dropdown shows you what the final address will look like. You can click on the suggestion to fill in the “. Blogspot.com” automatically.
- If someone has already used the Address you desire, a message will be displayed asking you to choose a different name.
- After you choose a Title, an available Address, along with a Theme, click on “Create Blog”.
- Google will ask if you want to search for a personalized domain name, however, if you don’t want this. Click on “No, Thanks” to proceed
- Congratulations, you’ve created a new blog of your own. Now you’re ready to write and post your very first blog post. For that click on “New Post”.
- This opens up an editing screen.
- After writing your post, click on “Publish”, that’ll make your post live; i.e., makes it available for anyone on the internet to find.
- You’ll be redirected to the “Posts” section. Click on “View Blog” to see your blog as well as your first post.
- Finally, your first blog post and the world can view your work.
It takes up to 24 hours for your blog/news posts to appear in search engines, so don’t despair if you Google your blogs, but it doesn’t appear in the search results instantly. For reach, you can promote your blog on Twitter, Facebook, or other social media sites.
How to change the Title, Address, or Theme of Your Blog?
- Visit the “Settings” menu on your blog’s backend.
- Right at the top of the page, here you can see the options to change the Title and the Address.
- Be careful about changing your address: Any links you’ve shared previously will no longer work because of the URL change. However, if you haven’t published anything yet, this won’t cause any problem.
- To change the Theme of your blog, click on “Theme”.
- You have plenty of themes to choose from, after you’ve picked one, this will provide the general layout as well as the color scheme, click on “Customize” to change this to as per your wish.
Well, that’s all there is to teach a newbie, dig into all the options if you want to explore. However, if all you want is just a platform to write and publish, the basics are pretty much all you need. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Start a Blog Using Google Blogger?