It’s not uncommon for people to use a different email address than their Gmail account, and may want to create a Google Account without having to use their Gmail. Luckily, this is an easy process that can be done in just a few steps. You are in need of a Google Account and you don’t want to use Gmail? Don’t worry you wouldn’t need to. Google has a somewhat surreptitious account creation link that allows you to use any email address to sign up; even Gmail’s competitors like Outlook.com or Yahoo work. We have recently written an article on how to create a Gmail account if you were wondering.
Steps to create a Google Account without using Gmail
- You first need to visit the link given down below.
- Once you enter the page, click on “Use my current email address instead” under the username field.
- It would be recommended that you disable your Web History if you don’t want Google directly tracking you. You can also enter the birthday you like; just remember what you choose because Google uses it as a security question in case you ever forget your password.
- After entering all the required information, Google will then send a confirmation message to the email used for sign up. To start using the account, you first need to authenticate.
- Log in to whatever email you used
- The subject will be Google Email Verification.
- Click the verification link in the email, and the link will redirect you in a few seconds.
- Once on you’re on the verification page. Google will prompt you to enter your phone number, however, you can ignore it, then start using the account.
Note – You will be prompted to create an account if somehow happened to click on the Gmail tab as this service isn’t active for you.
YouTube will request you to create a username. This username cannot be changed, ever. For many people, creating an account with Gmail is enough. But if you want to use your own domain, or if you’re not a fan of the Google ecosystem then you are happy enough to try this process.
After you are done with the setting up process, you can then enjoy using your fancy new Google account sans Gmail. If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know how to create a Goggle account without using Gmail.