Instacart is an application that offers groceries on-demand service. This is similar to the food delivery services like DoorDash and Uber Eats. Instacart brings you your groceries right to your door with safe, no-contact delivery.
For $9.99 a month – or at a cheaper $99 annual cost, you are able to purchase an Instacart Express Membership. You will receive free deliveries for orders over $35 along with reduced service fees on all orders.
You have the ability to shop at the local grocery as well as convenience stores with Instacart. After you place an order, a personal shopper will be sent to purchase your items off the shelves, check them out, then drop them off at your doorstep.
Instacart workers are freelancers, so, tipping might help them.
If you are here, you might’ve tried Instacart and figured it wasn’t for you, luckily, canceling is easy and can be done at any time. You also have the ability to request to have your free account deleted, however, that will require a phone call.
How to cancel an Instacart Express Membership using the Mobile application?
After you cancel Instacart Express, your membership will terminate immediately. You will be refunded if you cancel within the first 15 days of your membership cycle, granted if you haven’t placed any orders in the specified time period. Otherwise, you will have access to free deliveries until the billing period ends.
- Open the Instacart app on your mobile.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots, these are in the top-left corner.
- Tap on “Instacart Express.”
- Scroll down, then tap on “Cancel membership.”
- Tap on “Continue to cancel.”
- Choose a reason as to why you’re leaving.
- Tap on “Cancel.”
How to cancel an Instacart Express Membership using a computer?
The process of canceling your account on the Instacart website is nearly identical to the process using the app.
- First, you have to log in to your Instacart account.
- In the top-right corner, click on “Account” or “Hi, [Your name].”
- Select “Change my plan.”
- Click on “End membership.”
- Click on “Continue to cancel” to end the membership.
How to delete your Instacart account via a Phone call?
If you are completely done with Instacart and have no desire to use a free membership, you would have to call the company at 888-246-7822.
You might have to provide the company with your full name, and email address, you might also be required to have to confirm the mobile number linked with the account. After the details you provide are verified, the subscription will be canceled at the end of the billing cycle. You will receive the information via a notification through SMS.
Note – It is best to have your account information handy.
How to Delete an Instacart Account via Email?
If you want to cancel your account with Instacart via email, you will have to email the company requesting them to delete your account from their database. Your subscription will also be deleted after the account details are confirmed.
To delete an Instacart account via Email Follow these steps:
- First, open your registered email account.
- Compose an email, then type in [email protected] in the recipient field.
- In the subject field, write Customer Support: Request to Delete My Account. This subject will help to route your mail to the concerned support team.
- Write the mail requesting the company to delete your account from their database and to clear all the information about you with them. You will need to provide your account details, for example, account name, login email address, along with the associated phone number, to help speed up the deletion process.
Note – Keep the message short, for example, you can write: Please delete my Instacart account from your system. Thank you.
Your account will be deleted within 72 working hours. You will be receiving an email confirming the account deletion.
Can you delete an Instacart shopper account?
Being a personal Shopper means you are an independent contractor, deleting your account is an irreversible process. If you wish to stop shopping, Instacart also provides you the opportunity to switch your account to dormant, this is done to allow you to come back shopping when you are ready.
However, if you are sure, about your decision to entirely deactivate your account, the process to delete your driver account is very easy.
Follow the steps given below:
- Tap on “Contact Us” at the bottom.
- Tap on “Help Center for a live chat”.
- Submit a Help Request via Instacart’s Help Center. Call 1-888-246-7822. Email [email protected]
If you are emailing [email protected]
- Enter “Delete Account” in the subject line.
- Please include your name as well as your Instacart username in the email body.
- It will take 7 business days to process your request and delete your account.
Can I make another Instacart account without deleting the current account?
Instacart allows only one personal account per person, or, one personal account per household. However, you have the ability to use a secondary account for business purposes.
Keep in mind accounts are not limited to a single delivery address or even one ZIP code. You can enter a new delivery address, when you log in it will show you the store options for that area.
Can I make another Instacart account without deleting the current account (For Shopper accounts)?
Can You Make a Second Instacart Shopper Account? The answer is, that you cannot. Creating a second Instacart account is a clear violation of the independent contractor agreement.
When you sign up for work gigs with this platform, one of the most important rules you agree to is that you will not be making more than one account.
If you are not interested in using the application, you can always just uninstall it from your device.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Cancel or Delete an Instacart Account? The Easy Way.