How to uninstall Photoshop from Windows?
Part 1: Uninstall Software Manually
Method 1: Uninstall using the Start Menu
- Step 1: Press the Windows key, then look for Adobe Photoshop on the Start menu.
- Step 2: Right-click on Adobe Photoshop icon, then click on uninstall. You will then be redirected to the “uninstall or change program” window, here click on uninstallation.
Method 2: Uninstall using the Control Panel
- Step 1: Enter “control panel” in the search box of the taskbar. Click on “control panel” on the popup list, this will open it.
- Step 2: Click on “Uninstall a Program”. This will then open “Programs and Features.”
- Step 3: Locate and select Adobe Photoshop. Click on Uninstall. If an Uninstall button is not available, click on the Change button, then follow the wizard. When it opens an uninstallation panel, click on Next to continue. Check if you can see the Remove option during the Wizard. Click on the Remove option, then mark all options to uninstall the software.
Method 3: Uninstall using the settings
- Step 1: Click on the “Start” button. Click the Settings icon, it looks like a gear.
- Step 2: On the Windows Settings screen, click on the “App” menu. Then select “Apps & Features”.
- Step 3: Scroll down to select Adobe Photoshop, a menu with “Uninstall” and “Modify” appears. Click on Uninstall, then perform the removal using the prompts.
Part 2: Now we have to clean Adobe Photoshop Leftovers
After you uninstall Adobe Photoshop, you only delete the executable files. You will have to clear the invalid registry entries, services as well as app data manually, for a complete uninstallation. Before making any registry modifications, we suggest you back up your registry data in case things go south.
- First-press the Windows + R keys. A dialog box appears.
- Type “Regedit” in the blank, then click on “OK” to open Registry Editor.
- Hold the Ctrl + F keys to open the search box. Type Adobe Photoshop 2020 to search for results. Unfold the registry group to accurately find the registry files. Right-click on related files/folders, then click on Delete. Locate all invalid registry entries, then delete them one after the other.
- Lastly, click My Computer, then choose the Tools tab. Click on Folder Options, then choose the View tab. Click on Show hidden devices from the View menu. Click on Apply, then click OK to exit the window. Next, search for Adobe Photoshop 2020 on your hard disk. Remove all the items you find.
- C:\Program Files(X86)\xxx\
How to fully uninstall Photoshop on Mac?
- Save your work, then and quit Photoshop, if it is currently running
- Go to the Applications folder, then double-click on Creative Cloud to launch it. OR. Click on its icon in the menu bar if present.
- Select the Apps tab.
- You will be able to see Photoshop listed in the main window. Click on More (three dots) next to Open.
- Click on Uninstall.
- A window will appear, it will ask if you want to remove Photoshop’s preferences along with other associated files. Click on Remove.
If you want to check that any files are remaining, click on the Go menu in Finder, then select Go to Folder. Paste each of the locations given below into the window, one after the other, and look for files or folders with Photoshop in their name.
- ~/Library/Application Support
If you find any of them drag them to the Trash.
If Photoshop is the only Creative Cloud app you are using then you may also want to uninstall the Creative Cloud app. Follow the steps mentioned below.
- First, you should have followed the instructions above to uninstall Photoshop.
- Visit the Applications folder.
- Click on the Adobe Creative Cloud folder.
- After it opens, double-click to Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud.
- Type in your admin password when prompted.
- Then click on Uninstall.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to uninstall Photoshop from Windows and MacBook?