With so many different services out there, you might wonder why would someone want to change Spotify account. Spotify is a music streaming service that has an incredible catalog of songs. When your friends share the song they are loving on Spotify, you’ll often find yourself asking “What’s this song?” It can be hard to keep track of all the songs you’ve listened to and what playlist they are in – but not anymore! Here’s how to change your Spotify account, so you never have this problem again.
You can play music from a wide range of streaming services with a simple voice command if you set up a Google Home account. To no one’s surprise, Spotify also allows its users to stream music via Google Home. Are you experiencing problems listening to Spotify, because a household member has switched the account? The Personalized playlists disappear, and the Discover option doesn’t cater to songs according to your taste.
Here’s how you change Spotify account
Unlink Your Current Spotify Account – If you want to change the current Spotify account, you need to remove the current one first.
Your smart device should be connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your Google Home.
- Open the Google Home application.
- Click on the ‘Account’ menu at the bottom-right.
- Select ‘Settings’.
- Click on the ‘Music’ menu, it can be found under the ‘Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Unlink’ to unlink the account from your device.
The next step is to Link a New Account
- Open the Google Home app on the device.
- Click on ‘Account’ at the bottom-right.
- Click on Settings.
- Select ‘Music’ under the ‘Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Spotify’.
- Choose ‘Link account’.
- Click on ‘Login to Spotify’.
- Enter your credentials, then wait for the service to set up.
Make Spotify Your Default Player on Google Home – If you set Spotify your default music service you don’t need to finish the command with “…on Spotify” to play music from the service.
- Click on the ‘Account’ icon at the bottom right.
- Click on ‘Settings’
- Choose the ‘Music’ menu, it can be found under the ‘Services’ section.
- Click on ‘Spotify’ to make it your default music player.
If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know How to Change their Spotify Account.