You might be wondering: How do I reset Google Home Mini? This is a question many people ask themselves, and luckily there are several ways to go about it. The first-generation Google Home Mini and second-generation Google Nest Mini are cute little smart speakers. The Goggle Mini’s prices are so low you could populate every room in your house with one if you wanted to. If you’re having problems with your Google Mini – maybe it is not able to play music – or you’re thinking of giving it away, then you might need to reset the Mini, which will return the speaker to its original factory settings.
Resetting a will wipe out all your personal and Google account information, as well as any settings you customized. There are two models of Google Mini, thus the ways you reset your speaker vary upon the model you own.
How to reset Google Home Mini?
- The reset button is located on the flat bottom of the speaker, near the power cord attaches.
- Press and hold the reset button. After 5 seconds, you’ll be able to hear “You are about to completely reset Google Home.”
- Continue holding the reset button for another 10 seconds till you hear a tone.
- You can then release the reset button and wait for the speaker to reset to factory settings and restart.
How to reset the Google Nest Mini?
- On the side of your device, flip the mic switch off.
- The lights will turn orange.
- Press and hold the center of Nest Mini, where the lights are on top.
- After 5 seconds of holding, your device will begin the factory reset process.
- Continue the hold furthermore for 10 seconds, until a sound confirms that your device is resetting.
If your Google Mini is not resetting even after you follow the process. Then turn it on and off, turning devices on and off always works. Once you do it then follow the above-mentioned procedure for your respective model. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to reset your Goggle Mini.