Google Home and Nest Hello are two great products that work together to help you stay on top of things. Google Home notify will alert you when someone rings your doorbell on your Nest Hello smart camera! This will happen if you add this new feature to Google Home. All the notifications from all of your devices can be managed in one place, so it’s easy to keep track of what’s going on around you.
You can also control every device that has an Assistant integration with just one command by saying “Hey Google” or “OK Google.” For example, if someone rings the front doorbell, you could say: “Hey Google, turn off my living room lights,” which would shut off all lights except for those in the living room area.
The Nest Hello has the ability to alert you on your phone whenever someone rings your doorbell. However, if you own a Google Home, you can have Google Assistant audibly announce that someone is at your door.
How is this any different from just a doorbell ring? Well, we won’t deny the bits of similarities, however, the Google Home also tells you who exactly the person is if the Nest Hello recognizes them based on its Familiar Faces feature. This is only available to you if you have a Nest Aware subscription.
Steps need to Google Home notify you when someone rings your Nest Hello
- For starters, you’ll have to first download the Google Assistant app if you’re an iPhone user. For Android users, we get it in-built.
- Open the Nest app, then tap on your Nest Hello.
- Tap on the Settings gear icon in the top right.
- Click on “Visitor Announcements”.
- On the Visitor Announcements page, tap on “Set Up in Google Assistant App”.
- You’ll be then redirected to the Google Assistant settings if you’re on Android. iPhone users who installed the app will be prompted through screens to complete the set-up process.
- After you set up the Google Assistant app, you’ll get to a screen where you’ll log in to your Nest via your credentials. Tap on “Sign In”.
- On the upcoming screen, scroll, then tap on “Allow” to link Google Assistant with your Nest Hello.
- It will take a few moments, then you will be prompted to go back to the Nest app.
- After you return to the app, toggle the switch to enable Visitor Announcements for your Nest Hello.
- And that’s all that is needs to be done. Your Google Home will automatically announce when someone is at your door. And if your Familiar Faces is enabled, it will even tell you exactly who is at your door, if your Nest Hello happens to recognize the person.
- If you don’t have Familiar Faces enabled, it’s more than a glorified doorbell chime.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Have Google Home Notify You When Someone Rings Your Nest Hello?