Apple just released new updates to FaceTime with many improvements. There are now more options for group chats, such as adding people on their own phone or joining from a shared contact list, and there is also the ability to call someone using just their name. The other notable updates include the ability to make free voice calls over Wi-Fi and that it will be easier to switch between audio devices during a call.
Congrats folks, I think Apple has finally heard our calls and has acknowledged our problems. Occasionally you might have wanted to have a Facetime call with your friends or relatives but couldn’t as they had Android or Windows devices. Well now there is hope as iOS15 brings a lot of updates to FaceTime. Let’s dive right in, shall we?
The Holy Grail updates to Facetime
There are a multitude of updates to FaceTime that will totally redefine the experience.
- Spatial Audio – Voices in FaceTime call sound as if they’re coming from where the person is positioned on the screen.
- Portrait mode– in FaceTime users can blur their backgrounds and put themselves in focus
- Grid view– Allows participants to see more faces at the same time
- Mic modes – Voice isolation minimizes the background noise and wide spectrum leaves the ambient sound unfiltered.
- SharePlay – Allows users to share experiences like listening to songs with Apple music, watching TV shows or movies in Sync, or sharing their screen to view apps together.
- FaceTime on web browsers – Apple users can share a link so anyone can join a FaceTime call from their browser on Android and Windows devices
Apple hopes to provide a better and all-around experience to FaceTime users by providing all these updates (we personally love FaceTime for web browser update).
Apple is making some major developments to FaceTime. The Cupertino-based tech behemoth is bringing spatial audio, a schedule call feature to the app. FaceTime is also ready to get browser support on Google Android and Microsoft Windows devices. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), please leave us a comment below or share it with friends, so they can get to know about all the new updates to FaceTime too.