To turn off iPhone 13, 12, and 11 there is a new way introduced by Apple. For older iPhones, you would just have to press and hold the Side (Power) button until you saw the Slide to Power Off option to turn off the iPhone. Now, when you press and hold the Side button on an iPhone X or iPhone 11 this activates Siri.
You might want to turn off your iPhone to help troubleshoot or save battery life, or sometimes you might have to completely restart or shut down your iPhone. Don’t worry, you can still use a button sequence to turn off your iPhone, we will be showing you an option for turning off your iPhone without having to use the buttons, as well.
How to Turn Off iPhone 13?
You can shut down an iPhone 13 completely by using two buttons on either side of the device or by using the Settings app. No matter what iPhone 13 model you have, here’s how to turn it off:
Using Physical Buttons
You will be able to easily shut down an iPhone 13 completely by using two buttons on either side of the device.
- To turn off using this method press, then hold the Volume Up button (on the left side of the phone) and the Side button (on the right side).
- Keep holding the two buttons until you are able to see a “slide to power off” slider appear on your screen. Then, use the slider by placing your finger on the circle in the slider, then swiping it to the right.
- After you slide, your iPhone 13 will turn off, it will shut down completely. If you wish to turn it back on later, hold the Side button until you see the Apple logo appear on the screen.
It is also easy to shut down your iPhone 13 using the Settings app, this method requires no buttons.
- To turn off using this method first open Settings, to do so tap on the grey gear icon.
- After Settings opens, tap on “General.”
- In “General,” scroll down to the bottom of the list, there you will be able to see “Shut Down,” select it.
- After tapping on “Shut Down,” you will be able to see a “Slide to Power Off” slider appear on the screen. Swipe it to the right, then your iPhone 13 will turn off.
How to turn off iPhone 12?
There are two ways you can turn off your iPhone 12, however, the easiest as well as the most efficient way is to use the buttons located on the sides of the iPhone 12. No matter what iPhone 12 model you have, here’s how to turn it off:
Using Physical Buttons
- Locate the volume up button, this can be found on the left side of the iPhone 12.
- Locate the solitary button, this can be found on the right side of the iPhone 12.
- Press, then hold both of these buttons simultaneously until you are able to see the “Slide to Power Off” feature on the screen.
- Slide the circular button to the right using your finger, then your iPhone 12 will turn off.
It is worth noting that you will be able to achieve the same result by using the volume down button and the right button.
- Visit Settings.
- Navigate to “General.”
- Scroll down till you reach the bottom of the list.
- Select the “Shut Down” option.
If you wish to turn your iPhone 12 back on, all you need to do is press and hold the right button until the Apple logo appears.
How To Turn Off iPhone 11?
Most of the time, the need to turn off your iPhone 11 does not arise, you could just put it to sleep instead. If you wish to turn off your iPhone 11, you can follow the given method. No matter what iPhone 11 model you have, you use the steps to turn it off:
- First, press and hold either volume button.
- While you are holding the Volume button, then press and hold the Side button.
- Continue holding them until the Slide to Power Off slider appears at the top of the screen.
- After it appears, let go of the buttons, move the slider from left to right using your finger, then your iPhone will turn off.
Though there is no other way of switching your iPhone 11 off, you could always restart it using the Assistive Touch feature. You have to activate the Assistive Touch first, tap on the Settings option, then you can type out the Assistive Touch. After you do so, turn it on.
After the translucent icon appears, tap on it, then tap on Device, then press More and select the Restart option.
How to turn off iPhone X?
There are two ways to turn off iPhone X, via the buttons on the iPhone X and Settings. No matter what iPhone X model you have, here’s how to turn it off:
Using Physical Buttons
- First, press and hold either Volume Up or Volume Down along with the Side button for a few seconds.
- The power off slider will then appear on your screen. Just swipe the slider, then your iPhone will turn off.
- Navigate to Settings > General. Scroll down till you reach the bottom, then tap on Shut Down.
- The power off slider will appear. Just swipe the slider, then your iPhone will turn off.
- Alternatively, if your iPhone X is not responding via software, you can press the volume Up for 1 second, then press the Volume down for 1 second, followed by the pressing and holding of the Side Button until your iPhone turns off, then shows the Apple logo again.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to turn off iPhone 11, 12, and 13?