Talking of age, we are aware of how much of an impact it holds. We are clearly aware of our ages and it is very necessary to also be aware of the ages of the products, this can be helpful in several ways. You can find out the age of your gadgets and look out for their resale value and also predict how much longer they will last. One such aspect that we will be discussing further would be the age of the iPhone.
You must be wondering if the day that you have purchased probably would count for its age but that is not right, several iPhone models like the iPhone 6, and 7 are still in great condition but they were released around 2016 or way before that. It is seen that any apple model can be used efficiently for up to 5 years.
So, if you are thinking that it might be the right time to sell your old iPhone, you must know its age for an accurate resale value. Assuming that the phone has become s old the chance of you finding the bill or its box is too low but don’t worry we have come up with easy ways to find the age of your iPhone.
FINDING THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE IPHONE
To find out the age of your iPhone, knowing the serial number of the same is very important and you can find out your serial number in easy steps.
- Open the settings of your phone
- Select the ‘general’ option.
- In the general menu, choose the ‘about’ option
- You will find the serial number of your iPhone in the list of options, note it down.
FINDING OUT HOW OLD IS YOUR IPHONE
Now that you have got your serial number, you can find out its age in three simple ways.
APPLE CHECK COVERAGE METHOD
- Go to the apple’s check coverage website either on your smartphone or even on your PC.
- Since you’ve noted down your serial number, enter the same in the space given along with entering the CAPTCHA that is specified just below it. Select continue.
- You will be taken to a page with all the details of your iPhone. Under ‘repairs and service coverage you can find out the ‘estimated expiration date’ of your iPhone. Apple covers all services for up to a year and from the date that is mentioned for your iPhone, you can find your iPhone’s age.
Remember that in case your iPhone is being used for more than a year, the estimated expiration date might not be displayed, for that, try using the next method.
This is a third-party tool that helps with finding out the age of your iPhone
- Go to the Chipmunk website on your browser either on your PC or your phone.
- In the area given, enter your iPhone’s serial number. Select the ‘show the information’ option.
- You will see all the information about your iPhone once you scroll down further.
- You can find the age of your iPhone by noting down the Production year and Production week as mentioned.
Similar to the previous one, this website aims to provide further information about your iPhone like the color, specifications, etc along with its age based on the serial number of your iPhone.
- On your browser, go to the website SNDeepInfo either on your iPhone or PC.
- In the specified area, enter your serial number, if not, the IMEI number of your iPhone also works.
- Choose ‘apple’ as the device type and select the ‘show info’ option.
- You will now be able to see all the information relating to your iPhone like age, production date with week and year, etc.
APPLE SUPPORT APP
This app is usually used to report any sort of bugs on your iPhone to the executives. This app is not pre-installed, so you will have to install it from the Appstore.
- Open the Apple support app
- Select the device details option
- Remember that this will work only if your iPhone is less than a year old. If it is less than one year, you can see an expired date under the option of coverage info.
- With that date, you can calculate the age of your iPhone.
- In case such a date does not appear, you will have to try using the above-mentioned methods.
DECODING THE SERIAL NUMBER
Since all the methods that are mentioned above have to do with the internet to work. You can still find the age of your iPhone without it. Since you have noted down the serial number of your iPhone, you can find out its age with just that. This serial number is nothing but a compilation of all the information like model number, date, age, place, etc indicated through letters and numbers.
The serial number is 12 characters long. In order to find out the age of your iPhone, you need to pay attention to the 4th character.
C – 2010 (First Half of the year)
F – 2011 (First Half of the year )
G – 2011 (Second Half of the year)
H – 2012 (First Half of the year)
J – 2012 (Second Half of the year)
K – 2013 (First Half of the year)
L – 2013 (Second Half of the year)
M – 2014 (First Half of the year)
N – 2014 (Second Half of the year)
P- 2015 (First Half of the year)
Q- 2015 (Second Half of the year)
R- 2016 (First Half of the year)
S- 2016 (Second Half of the year)
T- 2017 (First Half of the year)
V- 2017 (Second Half of the year)
W- 2018 (First Half of the year)
X- 2018 (Second Half of the year)
Y- 2019 (First Half of the year)
Z – 2019 (First Half of the year)
D – 2020 (Second Half of the year)
Remember that this method does not apply to iPhones that are released after 2021. If finding the bill or the box of your iPhone is troublesome, check with your mail Id and use the search bar, you might be able to find a soft copy of your bill.
This information that we have provided will certainly help you find the actual age of your iPhone and you can calculate the resale value for your iPhone based on it.