Cursive fonts are becoming popular in typography and graphic design. They’re also one of the top 10 best cursive fonts that can be found in Microsoft Word. The art of penmanship is making a comeback, with some schools even teaching it as an after-school course.
Cursive writing has many benefits for kids including improved fine motor skills, increased focus while handwriting, and a better understanding of letterforms (the shapes of letters). It’s also fun to write with your hand! If you would like to learn more about cursive fonts or how to teach someone cursive writing, please continue reading this article on the blog!
Cursive is a style where the letters touch each other. One specialty of cursive font is its stylishness. Once you employ the cursive fonts, the letters would be in a flow, and thus the text would appear as if it’s hand-written.
What are the Best Cursive Fonts available?
There are a bunch of good cursive fonts that look great on documents. There are hundreds of cursive fonts available in Word. Most people don’t make the simplest use of them as they are doing not recognize the names. OR People might not have the time to browse through all the available fonts. So, we bring you a list of some of the best cursive fonts, and we hope you find them great too.
List of 10 best cursive fonts for Microsoft Word:
- Edwardian Script
- Kunstler Script
- Lucida Handwriting
- Rage Italic
- Script MT Bold
- Segoe Script
- Viner Hand
- Vladimir Script
Now that we have told you about the best fonts, we have to tell you how to download and install these fonts on your system so that you can use them. After installation, these fonts can even be used outside of Microsoft Word as the fonts are installed system-wide. Most of the fonts are free to use, however, to use some of them, you might require to purchase them.
How to download fonts?
- Google Fonts is a great place to get your hands on free fonts.
- Open your browsing application and type https://fonts.google.com/ in the address bar, then hit the Enter key.
- The Google Fonts repository will show up, then you can download any font you wish. If you would like cursive fonts, you’ll look for such fonts.
- Keywords like “Handwriting” and “Script” would be helpful to look a cursive font.
- After finding the specified font, click thereon.
- The font window will open, then you’ll click on the Download family option. Clicking on the option will begin the download.
- After the font is downloaded, you can use the below procedure to install the fonts on your system.
How to install fonts on Windows 10?
- After downloading a font, double-click on the TrueType Font file to open the file.
- Your file would open. Click on the Installation button, and it’ll install the respective font.
- Now you’ll use the font in Microsoft Word and also in other software.
- You can also install fonts by navigating to the following folder: C:\Windows\Fonts (This process could also be used for Windows 11).
- Now copy & paste the TrueType Font file inside the above folder.
- A restart of your PC will automatically install the font on your system.
However, the easiest way to install fonts on Windows 11 is, double-click it, or right-click it, and then select Install. OR you could just navigate to Settings > Personalization > Fonts, and drag the font file into the Add fonts area.
If you liked this article, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know what are the best cursive fonts for Microsoft Word, how to download and install them.