If you are interested to start your own blog to share your thoughts, we will teach you how to create a Blog in simple steps. Blogger is an American online content management system. This site enables multi-user blogs with time-stamped entries. Pyra Labs developed Blogger and launched it on August 23, 1999, then it was acquired by Google in 2003. Google hosts all of the blogs. The blogs can be accessed through a subdomain of blogspot.com.
This article will teach you how to start a new blog on Blogger, as a bonus we will also show you how to create a new post on your blog page, using an internet browser. You can also use any mobile or desktop internet browser to create a Blogger blog.
How to create a Blog step-by-step guide
- First, open Blogger in your internet browser. Or, enter https://www.blogger.com into the address bar, then press ↵ Enter or ⏎ Return on the keyboard.
- Click on CREATE YOUR BLOG. This will be an orange button in the middle of the page. This will prompt you to sign in using a Google account.
- Sign in using your Google account credentials. You will have to use your Google account to sign in, then you can use Blogger.
- Enter your Google email/phone number.
- Click on Next.
- Enter an account password.
- Click on Next.
- If you don’t happen to have a Google account, you can create one by clicking on the blue Create Account link at the bottom of the sign-in page.
- Type in a title for your blog in the “Title” space. After you sign in, you will be prompted to create your new blog in a pop-up window. Click the text field next to “Title” at the top, then enter a name for your blog there.
- If you automatically don’t see this window, you can click on the orange CREATE NEW BLOG button situated in the middle.
- Type a URL address for your blog in “Address”. Click the text field next to “Address” below “Title.” Then type the URL address you want to use for your blog.
- As you are entering, available URL addresses will be shown on a drop-down list. You can click on an address to select it.
- You will be able to see a white checkmark icon in a blue square next to the Address field. This means that the address you selected is available, and can be used for your blog.
- If a “!” icon in a red square is being displayed, then you will have to change the URL address you selected.
- Choose a theme for your blog page. Scroll down to find the blog themes in the “Theme” box, then click on the one you would like to use.
- Click on Create blog. This is indicated by the orange button on the bottom-right of the window that pops up. It will then create your new blog, then you will be taken to your blog’s admin dashboard.
How to create a new post in Blogger?
- Click on New Post. This is indicated by an orange button near the upper-left corner of the blog’s admin dashboard. This will open Blogger’s text editor; the editor will allow you to compose your new post.
- Enter a title in the “Post title” space. Click on the text field next to your blog’s name at the top, then type in your new post’s title in this field.
- Write your blog post. Type your blog post in Blogger’s text editor as you would type in a typical text editor, for example, Word or Google Docs.
- You have the ability to use the toolbar at the top to edit your post’s fonts, sizes, text color, as well as layout.
- You can use the Link, image as well a film clapper. You can use smiley buttons on the toolbar to add a hyperlink, picture, video, or special character to your post.
- On the other hand, you can write your post in a different text editor, then copy and paste the text here later.
- If you want you can type your post in HTML, and click on HTML on the top-left.
- Click on Post Settings on the right (This step is optional). This is indicated by an orange drop-down menu below the Publish button near the top-right.
- Labels – You have the ability to add tag labels to your post to group posts of similar content. These labels will help your readers find similar posts on your blog; they will also help search engines find content that matches a user’s search. You have to make sure that your tags are accurate, short, also helpful.
- Schedule – You have the ability to publish your post immediately. OR. You can schedule it to be posted at a future time as well as the date.
- Permalink – This option allows you to customize the URL address that directly links to the post. By default, it will be based on the post title, however, you can change it to whatever you like.
- Location – This option allows you to add a location tag to your blog post. This is especially useful if you happen to be running a travel blog.
- Options – You can adjust various options for the post here. These include whether or not readers can comment on the post, also how the HTML code is interpreted.
- Click on Preview (This step is optional, use it if you want to). This button is situated near the upper-right corner of the page. When you click on this it will open a preview of your new post on a new page.
- Click on Publish. This is indicated by an orange button near the upper-right corner. When you click the button, it will publish your new post on your blog.
- If you wish to save this post as a draft, click on Save next to the Publish button.
- If you wish to discard this post, click on Close, this can be found next to Publish and Save.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to create a Blogger Blog?