Did you know that there is a Kids Mode on the Samsung Galaxy phone, and it’s easy to turn on Kids Mode? Handing your smartphone to your kid can be scary. However, if you have a Samsung Galaxy phone, you can avoid this by turning on “Kids Mode.”
What Is Kids Mode?
Samsung describes Kids Mode is like a “digital playground”. It’s a special environment catered to kids. It’s a kid-friendly user profile, just like the one found on a TV or streaming service.
Kids Mode has a bright fun theme that is simplified for kids. Your kid has the ability to create characters, access apps as well as games; which are specifically made for them. It’s not just a free-for-all. Parents can set up controls, app usage limits, along with screen time limits.
How can you Turn on Kids Mode?
- Kids Mode is accessible through the Quick Settings buttons.
- Swipe down to see the Quick Settings. Then swipe to the right until you see a space with a +.
- Locate the “Kids” button, then drag it down to the Quick Settings. Click on “Done” after you set the button in place.
- Tap on “Kids” to get started.
- Tap on “Start” on the first screen to download the necessary components.
- Click on “Next” to proceed, then enable “Add Samsung Kids to the Apps screen.”
- It works like your typical Android home. You can see a bunch of apps on the screen; however, they aren’t downloaded. Your kid can click on the apps/games they want. A pop-up will appear and ask to confirm the “Install.”
- If you want to access Parental Controls, tap on the three-dot menu icon in the top-right, then click on “Parental Controls.”
You have to use your fingerprint or other secure methods to access the Parental controls. After you access you can see the limits you have the ability to implement, info about usage, as well as content your kid created.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Turn on Kids Mode on a Samsung Galaxy Phone?