- Advertisement -
Do you need to remove the background from a picture for a project? Microsoft Excel has a built-in feature that can do just that! In this blog post, we will show you how to remove the background from a picture using Excel. Stay tuned, we will also show you how to do the same thing in PowerPoint! Happy removing!
Removing a distracting subject in the background of a photo is an important thing and well many editing websites are available on the net but, if you are vexed by all the ads that pop up while us a free editing website, then use excel to edit the photos maybe your best option, even though this feature of removing the background from a photo using excel is unheard the feature is quite good compared to the free editing websites.
To remove the background in excel
- Browse for the photo and then insert it into the excel sheet.
- The action tab will automatically change to ‘picture format’, choose the remove background toggle on the left side of the tab.
- The photo’s background color changes to magenta and the foreground remains the same, in the photo the magenta color depicts the region where you can make the change and where you can remove any unwanted objects that are there in the photo.
- Excels reads and makes the changes, it is considered to be pretty good but it is not 100% accurate, which is why there is an add-on feature where you can manually select and highlight the region which you want to remove or keep in the photo.
- This feature can be accessed by using the ‘mark areas to remove’, and ‘mark areas to keep’ toggle that will be available beside ‘picture format’.
This feature will surely be helpful to you as you won’t have to go through all the unnecessary apps, and excel is a wide application available on all the devices it would be easy to access it makes the necessary changes to the photos that you are trying to edit. This is an important feature that will be helpful while you are presenting slides.