Facebook notifies you of friends’ birthdays in a few different ways. You can get Facebook birthday notifications either in email, text, or birthday reminders on the Facebook app. In this article, we will show you how to set up birthday alerts for your Facebook friends. Keep in mind that you can also receive belated birthday notifications if you forget to wish someone a happy birthday on time!
How to set up Facebook Birthday notifications using Desktop?
- Login to your Facebook
- Navigate to Settings & Privacy
- Click on Settings
- Look for the Notifications section and tap on it
- Scrolling down you can find the Birthdays section
- Select “Allow Notifications from Facebook“
You may choose which notifications you want to receive on the Facebook Account Settings page. It’s also worth noting that, unlike most social networking sites, Facebook allows you to have numerous methods of receiving alerts other than through Facebook. You have the option of choosing Push, Email, Mobile, or all of them.
However, once you scroll down, you’ll see that Notifications are also available for Upcoming Birthdays, which will be useful to wish your random internet acquaintances. You can also enable the Belated Birthday notifications, which will allow you to wish individuals if you forget to do so on their birthday.
How to set up Facebook Birthday notifications using the mobile app?
- Assuming you are already logged in Facebook App, click on Menu/Profile
- At top of the page, you can see the settings icon
- Select Profile settings
- In the Notifications section select “Notification settings“
- Scroll down to find Birthdays
- Turn on “Allow Notifications on Facebook“
Similar to the desktop, you can also turn on birthday notifications here for Upcoming and Belated birthday wishes too.
While this might help you to remember more birthdays it might annoy you at some point with too many Birthday notifications, you can easily turn off them but following the same steps and turning off the “Allow Notification on Facebook” on both Desktop/Mobile.