Manage all your email in one place with Google’s Gmail. Hotmail to Gmail Forwarding makes it easy to take control of your inbox and get more done without distractions. Your mail is automatically forwarded from Hotmail to Gmail, so you can find anything quickly, including attachments.
After the fall of yahoo, which had long dominated electronic mail service, Hotmail began to lose users. When Microsoft bought the firm, the number of subscribers plummeted to the point where it was no longer considered a viable email platform, and hence the name change also contributed to its decline.
Now that Gmail is the most popular e-mail service, users who are considering transferring to Gmail may need assistance on how to transfer all of their Hotmail messages to their new Gmail account.
How to forward all the emails from Hotmail to Gmail
You’re supposed to start email forwarding, which will forward all incoming emails from Hotmail to Gmail.
In this method, you are requesting Hotmail to create a copy of all the mails that it receives and send them to your Gmail account.
- Login to your Hotmail account using any browser.
- Locate the settings icon which is placed in the top right corner of the screen.
- After selecting it to scroll down through the drop-down box and select view all outlook settings.
- Select the mail tab and then the ‘forwarding’ tab.
- Select “enable forwarding” and then enter the Gmail address.
- Also, check on the box that is beside ‘keep a copy of forwarded message’.
- Close the window, and then you are good to go.
Migrate from Hotmail to Gmail
If you’re ready to switch over from Hotmail to Gmail permanently, you’ll need to migrate all of your existing emails. It’s a straightforward process, but double-check that all undesirable emails and spam emails have been deleted. This is to ensure that you don’t waste any more time switching over.
- Open the Gmail application and select the profile icon to access the settings.
- Select the account and the import tab.
- Select the import mail which will be used while importing and the contacts if required.
- Enter the email address of Hotmail account and then a popup box will appear where you need to follow the wizard to go further.