Are you looking for a way to enable dark mode on Windows 11? If so, read on for step-by-step instructions. Windows 11 is a great operating system that has tons of new features to offer. One of the most popular features that people seem to be talking about is the dark mode feature which can essentially change your entire computer’s theme from light to dark and vice versa. The dark mode setting in Windows 11 actually comes with a lot more benefits than just being aesthetically pleasing. It could potentially decrease eye strain, increase productivity, and reduce blue-light emissions from screens at night when you’re trying to sleep!
Want to replenish your eyes and take a break? Windows 11 makes it easy to turn all your items dark with the new dark mode feature. If you find light text on a dark background easier on your eyes like many others and us too, you’ll want to use your OS’s dark mode.
Follow these steps to enable Dark Mode on Windows 11?
- In Windows 11, you can activate dark mode by options via the Settings app.
- Open the Settings app. Do this by pressing the Windows + I key together.
- On the Settings screen, select “Personalization.”
- Select “Personalization” in Settings on Windows 11.
- On the “Personalization” screen, choose “Colors.”
- Select “Colors” in Windows 11’s Settings.
- The Colors screen will open. Here, choose the “Choose Your Mode” drop-down menu and click on “Dark.”
- Select “Dark” in Settings.
- Instantly, Windows 11 will enable dark mode on the entire PC.
- The Settings page you are on will turn dark.
- To get an even better dark mode experience, you could change your PC’s theme to a darker one.
- You can do this by opening the “Personalization” menu on the Settings screen.
- Click on “Personalization” in Settings.
- From the top of the Personalization screen, under the “Select a Theme to Apply” section, choose the “Windows (Dark)” theme.
- Click on the “Windows (dark)” theme in Settings.
- Then Windows 11 will apply the dark theme and will turn everything on your PC dark.
- Your Start menu should look dark when the dark mode feature is enabled.
How to Disable Dark Mode on Windows 11?
If you are somehow sick of the dark mode, you can disable dark mode and switch back to light mode. Open Settings > Personalization > Colors. Then, click on the “Choose Your Mode” drop-down menu and then click on “Light.”
Click on “Personalization”, and then choose the “Windows (Light)” theme. And voilà your PC is back to the original light mode. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to Enable Dark Mode on Windows 11.