Are you looking for a way to Hide the Taskbar on Windows 11? If so, read on for step-by-step instructions. The taskbar is an essential piece in every Windows computer. The taskbar is the space that contains the essential ‘Start’ or ‘Windows’ button, also contains info such as the date, time, battery, Wi-Fi, sound, and notifications, along with icons. However, it can sometimes be a hindrance. Though the taskbar takes up only a small portion of the screen in Windows 11, you might want to get rid of it. Fortunately, it’s easy to reclaim that space occupied by configuring the taskbar to automatically hide itself.
Hide the taskbar on Windows 11 by following these steps:
- First things first, you’d need to open Windows 11’s Taskbar settings. For that, right-click the taskbar then select “Taskbar Settings” in the menu that pops up.
- Open Windows Settings, navigate to Personalization > Taskbar to reach the same destination.
- In Taskbar settings, select “Taskbar Behaviors.”
- You can now check the box next to “Automatically Hide the Taskbar.”
After you are done checking the box, the taskbar will disappear. But if you look closely, you’ll still be able to see a small line at the bottom of the screen, which lets you know that it’s ready to pop up as soon as you need it.
- Close the Settings window.
To make the Taskbar reappear temporarily, move your mouse cursor to the bottom of the screen. As soon as it touches the bottom, the taskbar will pop up for you to use it. When you move your cursor away from the taskbar, the taskbar will hide again automatically. Pretty chic, isn’t it?
If you want to see your taskbar always just open
- Settings (Windows + I on the keyboard brings settings up quickly.)
- Then navigate to Personalization > Taskbar > Taskbar Behaviors
- Uncheck the “Automatically Hide the Taskbar.”
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to turn to hide the Taskbar on Windows 11.