If you prefer to read double-space documents. Or if you have been asked to double space a Word document, thankfully, this formatting can be applied to an entire Word document or selected sections with just a few clicks.
When you use double spacing it increases the amount of space between lines of text and can be helpful to a teacher or an editor in marking the document or adding comments. Double spacing in a Word document differs based on which version of Word you currently are using.
Don’t worry, as I have given the steps for newer versions of Word as well as steps for Office 2007-2010.
How do you double-space a whole document in Word in newer versions of Office?
- While you are in an open document, click on Design.
- Click on Paragraph Spacing.
- Then, select Double.
How do you double space part of a document in Word in newer versions of Office?
- While your document is open on the Home tab, highlight the paragraphs you wish to double-space.
- Click the arrow, it is situated in the bottom right corner of the Paragraph box.
- In the Line Spacing dropdown, click on Double.
- Click on OK.
How to double space if you are using Word in Office 2007-2010?
- If you want to double-space an entire document, first, locate the Styles section in the Home tab.
- Right-click on Normal.
- Click on Modify.
- Under Formatting, select Double Space.
- Now click on OK.
How to double space only a part of a document in Word in Office 2007-2010?
- First, you need to highlight the paragraphs you wish to double-space.
- Now click the Line and Paragraph Spacing icon in the Home tab.
- Click on 2.0.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know How to double space in Microsoft Word?