Facebook is one of the most popular social media platforms on the internet. With over 2 billion active users, it’s a great way to stay in touch with friends and family. However, with all the recent news about Facebook’s privacy issues, many people are concerned about how secure their accounts are. In this blog post, we will give you seven tips on how to check if your Facebook account is secure and protect your privacy!
7 Tips to Secure Your Facebook Account
If you want to keep your Facebook account safe and secure, here are seven tips to follow:
- Use a strong password. Your password should be at least eight characters long and include a mix of letters, numbers, and symbols. Avoid using easily guessed words like your name or birthdate.
- Enable two-factor authentication. This adds an extra layer of security to your account by requiring you to enter a code from your mobile phone every time you log in.
- Don’t click on suspicious links. If you receive a message or email with a link that looks fishy, don’t click on it! It could be a phishing scam trying to steal your personal information.
- Be careful about what you share. Avoid sharing sensitive information like your home address or credit card number on Facebook.
- Keep your software up-to-date. Make sure you’re using the latest versions of Facebook’s app and your web browser. This will help protect you from security vulnerabilities.
- Report suspicious activity. If you see something on Facebook that looks like spam or a scam, report it to Facebook so they can take action.
- Set most of your info to private. Go to privacy settings and make sure you set everything to “Only me.” This will help you keep your account as private as possible.
By following these tips, you can help keep your Facebook account safe and secure. So don’t wait; put them into practice today!
How to check if your account is already secured or not?
If you want to check if your account is secured or not, just follow the steps below and check.
Step 1) Open Facebook and click on your Profile icon in the top right corner.
Step 2) Select “Settings & Privacy” option.
Step 3) Click on the “Settings” option.
Step 4) Select “Security and Login.”
Step 5) On top of the page select “Check Your Important Security Settings.”
Step 6) If everything on this page checks out then your entire profile is secured enough. If not, please follow the 7 tips we mentioned above.