What’s in a name? Well, for those of us on TikTok, the answer is our username. With so many options to choose from, we might want to change ours because we feel it doesn’t represent who we are anymore or maybe just because we want something different. But how do you go about changing your TikTok username? That’s what this blog post will explore and hopefully help shed some light on!
Users who use TikTok may develop a dislike for their username, as is the case with those who use any other social media platform. If you’ve come to despise your account name because of it, we’re here to assist you in changing it. It is simple to alter your TikTok username, but there is a disadvantage. After you’ve changed your TikTok username, you can’t modify it for the next 30 days. As a result, we recommend that you pick a unique name that you’ll be able to keep up for at least 30 days.
Steps to change the TikTok username
- Open the TikTok application and if you haven’t logged into your account then log in first.
- And in the main menu select the ME option which will be located in the bottom right corner of the screen.
- When a new window appears, select the “Edit Profile” option.
- The “edit profile” option will look like a big button that will be on the profile page.
- On the new page select the username entry bar.
- Delete the existing username and then enter the new one. Please make sure that you follow the TikTok rules that are given on the webpage.
- And tap on the ‘save’ option.
You can click here to change the TikTok username, and if you continue to use the program, you may begin considering changing your name. Please double-check that you’re using the correct username before changing it; this may sound like repetition, but please take your time because you must live under the new handle for at least 30 days. If you’ve made a mistake with your username, we’ll demand that you decrease the number of videos you post since people may not notice the modifications if you don’t.