A lot of people are looking for how to go live on TikTok. If you’re one of them, read the post below! We’ll walk you through everything from what apps to download, how to set up your account, and best practices for going live properly.
TikTok was launched in August 2018. Despite facing scrutiny as well as bans by governments, as they were worried about the data collection practices of its parent company, Beijing-based ByteDance, TikTok managed to pass 1 billion monthly users. TikTok has managed to garner lots of attention, its popularity soared during the pandemic. It became the most downloaded app in the world in the first quarter of 2020, with nearly 315 million downloads in the 1st quarter alone.
The “Live” feature on TikTok allows creators an effective way to engage with their viewers, grow their viewership, and if the user is 18 or older, the user can potentially make a little money.
However, there are a few pre-requisites you must fulfill to have the ability to go live on TikTok.
- You should be 16 years old or older
- Have at least 1,000 followers
Note– If your account does not have at least 1,000 followers, the Live feature will not be available.
Creators who fall between the ages of 16 and 18 with 1,000 followers cannot be given “gifts” with TikToks in-app currency, however, they can still access the Live feature. Now that the rules are clear, here’s how you can go live on TikTok.
Step-by-step guide to go Live on TikTok:
- Open the TikTok app.
- Tap on the plus sign (Create) button at the bottom.
- At the bottom, swipe to LIVE.
- Select an image, then enter a title for your stream.
- When you’re all set to start, click the “GO LIVE” button.
- And that’s it, you are live on TikTok. If you want to adjust your settings, click on the three dots icon at the bottom.
If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know How can we Go Live on TikTok?