Captions are an important piece of making sure videos are accessible to everyone, however, they can prove to be a pain to add on your own. Thankfully, Instagram Stories provide a nifty tool that we can use to automatically add them. This article will show you how to try it out.
The automatic captions feature is available when you are recording a video for your Story. The captions are one among many “stickers” you can add to a Story. Instagram automatically transcribes what you say, however, it can be edited as well if felt necessary.
A step-by-step guide to add captions to Instagram stories:
- Open the Instagram app on your iPhone/iPad/Android device. From the Home tab, click on “Your Story” in the top row. OR. Swipe in from the left side of the screen, it will open the Story creation page.
- Make sure you’re on the “Story” tab, place your finger on the shutter button to record the video. Of course, you’ll have to speak, as there needs to be something to caption.
- After you record your video, click on the sticker icon at the top of the screen.
- Then click on the “Captions” sticker. You will not be able to see this option if the feature hasn’t arrived at your device.
- The captions will be appearing on-screen. You can move them around; you can select from four different types of text styles.
- You have the option to click on the text to make any corrections, you also can customize the color. Click on “Done” after you’re finished editing.
- If you’re done editing your video, click on “Your Story” in the bottom-left, to add to your Story, or share it with specific friends.
Voilà! Now your Stories will be more accessible to everyone! If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Automatically Add Captions to Instagram Stories.