Do you want to change Instagram name of your profile? No sweat, it’s easy. You want to change it multiple times, you can, Instagram has no restrictions on how many times the username could be changed. You can change your username as many times as you’d like. There’s a slight difference between username and display name though, the display name is on your profile below your avatar. Before you ask if the display name could be changed? Yes, it can also be changed.
The username on the contrary could be spotted on top of your profile and at the end of your profile’s URL. The display name doesn’t need to be unique, however, the username has to be unique and also comes with a few restrictions. The restrictions being: it can’t be longer than 30 characters, can only contain letters, numbers, periods, and underscores.
How to change your username using the Instagram App?
- First things first, logging into your account is required, be it on iOS or Android.
- Tap on the avatar icon in the bottom-right corner to go to your profile
- Tap “Edit Profile” under your bio
- Tap on the Username field, then type in your new desired handle
- Tap “Done”
How to change Instagram name on Computer?
- In a web browser, go to Instagram.com
- Log in to your account if you aren’t already logged in.
- Click “Edit Profile” next to your username
If you aren’t satisfied with the new handle or liked the old one better, you can go back to your old handle within 14 days. The username service on Instagram is just a first-come, first-served basis. If your chosen handle is already taken, Instagram will notify you after you press “Done” on mobile, or “Submit” on the web. If your wanted name isn’t available just try adding numbers or underscores to make it unique to you.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), please leave us a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to change their Instagram username.