Sometimes it is better to not leave your tracks behind. Despite Google tracking you everywhere they also provide you an easy way to delete all Google maps location history. How nice of them. Google Maps app tries to track your location history by default. It records the places you visit, so if you happen to be visiting the same locations multiple times, it knows to recommend those places in the future.
This could be an incredibly useful feature, however, for privacy-minded individuals, having the idea that Google is recording your every move probably outweighs any benefits.
Thankfully, you have the ability to clear Google Maps‘ location history using either the website or the mobile app. This will not only erase all the data that Google has saved but also clear your Google Maps search history.
How to delete all Google Maps location history using a computer?
- Visit maps.google.com on your Mac/PC, then click the three stacked lines in the top-left.
- Click on Your data in Maps.
- Under Google-wide Controls, you will be able to see Location History. Click the See and Delete activity under that section.
- Click the red box in the bottom-left of your Timeline, this shows how many places you have visited & saved.
- Click the trashcan icon to delete all of the saved locations.
How can you delete all Google Maps search history using a smartphone?
- Open the Google Maps app on your iPhone/Android phone. Then, tap on your profile picture in the top-right.
- In the menu that will appear, tap on Settings.
- Choose Maps History.
- Locate the Search your activity bar, then tap on the three dots next to it. Then select Delete activity by.
- You will need to choose a timeframe for the history you wish to delete. If you are Selecting All-time here, it does mean all time; it’ll go back to when you first created your Google account.
- After you select a timeframe, tap on “Delete.”
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to delete all Google Maps location history?