- Advertisement -
Why save a route on Google Maps you ask so that you can quickly get directions to your specified destination. You can save routes on your iPhone, iPad, as well as on your Android phones, and this article will show you how to.
Things to be kept in mind while you Save a Routes on Google Maps
In this guide, we will use the “pin” option to save the route you want as a pinned item.
When saving routes, know that you can only save driving as well as public transport routes. If you save a driving route, your source location will always be your current location. For public transport routes, though, you have the ability to customize the source location.
- Advertisement -
How to Save a Route on Google Maps on iPhone/iPad/Android?
- On your iPhone, iPad, or Android phone, you can use the Google Maps app to save your favorite routes to your favorite places.
- To start, open the Google Maps app. After the app opens, on the right side, tap on the directions icon.
- At the top of the Maps screen, enter both sources as well as the target locations for which you wish to get directions. Then choose your preferred way to get to your destination it can either be driving or public transport.
- On the same page, towards the bottom, tap on “Pin”. This will add your current route to the pinned routes list.
- To view your pinned routes, open Google Maps, then tap on “Go,” it can be found at the bottom.
- In the “Go” tab, you will be able to see all of the pinned routes. Tap on a route to get the actual directions.
- Removing a pinned route is easy as well. To delete a pinned route, on the directions page, tap on “Pinned” at the bottom. This will remove the selected route from your pinned routes list.
How to Save a Route to Your Home Screen on Android?
Android users have the ability to add a shortcut for a route to the home screen. When you tap on this shortcut, the route will open in Google Maps.
- To create a shortcut, open Google Maps, then search for the directions you wish to save.
- On the directions screen, in the top-right, tap on the three dots.
- In the three-dots menu that appears, tap on “Add Route to Home Screen.”
- In the “Add to Home Screen” box, you can either drag the widget or place it on one of your home screens. Or, you can tap “Add Automatically” to add the widget to a vacant place on the home screen.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Save a Route on Google Maps