The dark mode in Google Maps is better to look at while traveling at night. The dark mode is one of the most popular trends of the past decade, and that has its advantages. Nearly every major app, as well as device, has a dark mode feature, or theme available. This is great for users that prefer dimmer colors. OR. For those who just want to save some battery life.
Google Maps‘ dark mode is available for both iPhone as well as Android devices, all it takes is a few taps to turn it on. This article will show you how to turn on Dark mode in Google Maps.
How to turn on dark mode in Google Maps?
Note – To use dark mode on any device, you have to be running at least iOS 13 or Android 10/Q or newer versions.
- First, open the Google Maps app, then tap on your profile picture in the top-right, then tap on Settings.
- Now, depending on what kind of phone you have used either one of them gives steps:
- If you use an iPhone, tap on Dark Mode, then set it to On.
- OR. Set it to the Same as the device setting if your iPhone has system-wide dark mode turned on.
- If you use an Android, tap on Theme, then tap on Always in dark theme. OR. Same as the device theme if your Android has system-wide dark mode turned on.
- If you are not able to see these menus and options appear, try closing the app and turning on your phone’s system-wide dark mode. Then try again.
- There’s also a chance that you will be able to see a menu appear when you open the app asking the color scheme you’d like to use. You can select the dark mode from this menu to turn it on quickly.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to turn on dark mode in Google Maps?