This article will help you to find the hidden apps on an Android device. The information will be applicable no matter who your Android phone manufacturer is: Samsung, Google, Huawei, Xiaomi, etc.
How to Find the Hidden Apps in the App Drawer?
Viewing apps on the Android home screen is a good start, however, this doesn’t show every app installed on the Android device.
- To see the complete list of installed apps, including the vault apps, you have to open the app drawer, this can be done by tapping the icon in the lower-middle section of the screen that looks like a circle that has six dots in it.
- After tapping on this icon, a full list will appear with the installed apps sorted alphabetically. This will show you most of the apps on the Android device, however, some may still be hidden. To see those hidden apps, follow.
- From the app drawer, tap on the three dots in the upper-right.
- Tap on Hide apps.
- The list of apps that are hidden from the app list will be displayed. If the screen is blank or the Hide apps option can’t be seen that means there are no apps hidden.
How can you Find Hidden Apps in Settings?
The full app list can also be accessed by using the Settings app.
Tap on Settings (a gear icon).
In Settings, tap on Apps & notifications, then tap on See all apps.
How to Check for Android Trick Apps?
There are numerous apps in the Google Play app store that look like something but are designed to hide images, videos, and other data.
- A popular example is the Smart Hide Calculator app which looks and works like a basic calculator app; however, it is a file storage application. The calculator UI is fully functional; however, it unlocks, then reveals its real purpose when a user types in the PIN code.
- If you want to double-check the true identity of any Android app, follow.
- Tap and press the app icon until a small menu appears.
- Tap on the small I in a circle beside the pencil.
- A page that details everything about the app will appear. Tap on App details.
- The app’s product page in the Google Play app store will appear. Here, you will be able to read official information about the app, including reviews.
Understanding Android Folders and Screens
Parts of the home screen are used to sort apps as well as widgets into groups and hide apps. To view all the sections of the home screen on an Android device you can just swipe from right to left.
One more way to hide apps on Android is to place apps in a folder. Folders are visible on the home screen while they look like a collection of four small app icons, you need to tap the folder to open it to view the apps in it.
Can’t Forget About the Web Apps
Companies add full app functionality to their websites, which means that users no longer have to download and install an app. Instagram could be considered as an example of a functional web app used in a web browser such as Chrome, Edge, or Firefox.
To check if a user has accessed a specific site, open the web browser apps on their Android smartphone device, then check the browser history. Browser history can be deleted in most browsers, though, so this isn’t a foolproof way of finding the websites that were visited.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Find Hidden Apps on Android