It has been some time since we have been introduced to the Oculus tech, which has the added feature of you purchasing your games through their platform. It does not need to be said that all your Oculus devices share the same payment method, it could be Paypal or some other online means.
Sadly, no service is fully foolproof, and Quest 2 faces issues regarding payments, this issue has been affecting old users and new alike.
Many users have reported this on Reddit threads, with complaints occurring while purchasing.
When you reach out to their customer service, they give ask for bank statements, which is complete bs. The only payment that works without any hassle is an Amex card. Thankfully, there are possible workarounds for this issue. As they might fix the trouble you are experiencing when trying to purchase via the Oculus store.
Before we move on to possible solutions, it is important first to check the common culprits causing the error.
Incorrect Details: The most common reason the error is triggered is if you are entering incorrect details of the payment method you use. So, it is better to cross-check, then enter the details properly. Then proceed to make the payment.
Bad Internet Connection: A common problem that might be the cause of the error is making the payment while your internet connection is poor and unstable. Due to poor internet connectivity, the payment will appear to have failed. Always make sure to use a stable as well as a fast internet connection or switch to a different one.
Corrupted browser cache: If your browser has some bugs, or the cache stored in your browser is corrupted, you are more likely to encounter the error. So, make sure to clear the browser cache data, then continue with the payment.
Issues with the Device: Lastly, there could be issues with the device you use to process the payment issue. So, download the app on your device, then try the payment again.
How can I fix the Error in adding the payment method on Oculus?
1. Try a virtual credit card software
If you wish to get rid of these Oculus payment issues, you can take advantage of a digital bank or virtual credit card. Virtual credit card software generally includes mobile apps that can be used to pay with your phone, you can also see real-time balance reports.
In addition, they also include additional features such as conversion to different currencies, money transfers, split bills, and more.
2. Try to Add or remove the payment method for VR Gear
- Open your Oculus app on your mobile.
- Press on More, then press Payment Method.
- Tap on Add Payment button.
- Press on the option that says Add a credit card or add a PayPal account.
- Now you have to enter your payment info to add the payment method.
- In order to remove any payment method, you have to press on Remove.
3. You can Add or remove payment methods for your PC
- Firstly, open the Oculus app.
- Click on Settings in the left menu section.
- Click on the Payment section.
- Then click on the Add Payment Method.
- Choose either a Credit or Debit Card or PayPal Account.
- Enter payment info to add a payment method.
- If you wish to remove any payment method, click on the Remove button, which is near the credit card.
- If you have a PayPal account, link your card to your PayPal, then use Paypal.
4. Contact Oculus Support
If none of the methods mentioned above worked, then you should contact Oculus support regarding the payment issue. You can either mail them the official email regarding the issue, to which they will answer with a solution.
Or you can go to the support section available on the Oculus site and application, then choose the section you have a problem with to create a ticket, then they will provide you with a solution.
If you liked this article (or if it helped), leave a comment below or share it with friends so they can also know about Oculus Quest 2 and its Payment issues.