Your profile picture is the public face that you put forth for the Discord communities to see. A powerful picture along with a username combination can say a lot about a person.
While there is a lot that can be said for a consistent profile picture finding a good picture that represents you helps give the impression of a consistent identity to people. That being said, there is no reason to keep a picture that no longer suits or represents you. Here’s how you put your best face forward, all you need to do is follow the steps given below.
How can you change your Discord profile picture?
1. Open the Discord app on either a Mac or a PC.
2. At the bottom-left of the screen, near your profile picture, you will be able to see a small gear icon. Hover over it, then click it to access the “User Settings.”
3. Under the My Account tab, click on “Edit.”
The My Account tab should be the screen you see when you click “User Settings.” So, there is no need for you to navigate to it.
4. Hover your mouse over your profile picture, then click on the icon next to the current profile picture.
5. Choose the photo you want to upload. The best pictures are square as well as centered since Discord will automatically crop the photo, you select.
Nitro users also have the ability to upload .gif files, they can also create animated profile pictures.
How can you Change your discord Profile Picture on the Mobile app?
- Open the Discord app on your device, then select the menu icon in the top left.
- From the side menu, tap on your profile icon in the bottom right.
- Under the “User Settings” menu. Tap on “My Account”.
- If you want to replace your Discord profile picture, tap on the existing avatar image in the top left (it can be found next to your username).
- You will have to use your device’s file manager to find and upload a suitable avatar image. After you have selected the image, you will have the ability to crop or resize it. Tap “Crop” to do this. Or else, you can tap on “Upload” to save, then upload the image as it is displayed.
- If you want to edit the image, resize or even reposition it to your own preferences, you can do so in the “Edit Photo” menu. Use your finger to reposition the image using the preview grid in the center, Use the slider below to zoom in or to zoom out.
- Tap on “Save” in the top right to save the image.
- After you have saved your new Discord avatar image, you will need to apply it to your account or remove it. If you are not satisfied with the image, tap on “Remove Icon” in the top left to remove it, then repeat the given steps to change it (or if you want you can just leave the default avatar image in place).
- If you are satisfied with the image, tap on “Save” (this is indicated by a floppy disk icon) in the bottom-right to apply it to your account.
- The changes made to your Discord avatar will appear immediately to all other Discord users. You also have the ability to then personalize your Discord account further by changing your nickname, number tag, text color, and a lot more.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Change Discord Your Profile Picture. As discord has become the rising social media platform, where a lot of people are finding the community that shares their interests. This has driven a lot of people to jump from other social media platforms such as Instagram and Snapchat to Discord, which has made the site garner a lot of popularity. hence we insist that you Change Your Discord Profile Picture periodically.