As the Hotmail.com account has changed to the new Outlook email service, a lot of pre-existing Hotmail users are clueless on how you can change your Hotmail email account to an outlook.com account, here we will help you on how you can change your account, and we also will inform you on the different methods that can be used to change your email account.
If you are a frequent Hotmail user, and you want to upgrade your account to outlook, but want to retain all the emails then you can use the given method to change your account without losing any of your old emails.
Upgrading the Hotmail.com account
- At any given time while you are using your Hotmail account, when you are logging in, you will receive a message where it will ask you if you want to change your account to an Outlook account, on that question page, select change to outlook option. Once you click on that option.
- You will be redirected to the Outlook login page where you have to enter the Hotmail credentials to log into the outlook page.
- The website will ask you for some permissions and once you accept them, you will receive a welcome letter.
- If you select the continue on outlook option, you are good to use the outlook, and you will also see all the emails will be loaded onto the Outlook website too.
- And the other thing is that you can use your same email id and password on both the websites to login into your account, as you will gain the ability to open your emails on either of the websites.
You can start a new email address in outlook if you wish to have a new start with no old emails and personal settings and all the other stuff. Then all you need to do is
- Click on the open Outlook account option and once you are redirected to the outlook browser page, instead of entering your Hotmail credential select the sign-in option.
- You will be directed to the Microsoft sign-in page where you are required to enter all the information such as your new email ID, its password. Etc.
- And once you are all done click on “I accept” which will save the new credentials and will take you to a new outlook inbox.
These are a few methods that can be taken into consideration while you are thinking about changing or shifting to outlook.com email service provider, and as Hotmail is going out of date as there are new good features as compared to the outlook that can be proven to be helpful in your daily goings.