How often do you use the Outlook app? Is it your go-to for email and calendar management? We’re going to show you how to add signature in outlook, change the default signature that comes with the program, or remove it altogether.
People generally add a block of text called signature to the bottom of their email messages. Signatures may display information, for example, your name and title, email address, phone number, and more. It’s pretty simple to add a signature in Outlook to include in your emails. You can even add an image or a digital business card if you want to. You can add a signature in Microsoft Outlook in 2 different ways.
How to add signature in Outlook?
- Login to your Outlook profile
- You need to create your signature and save it before you can insert a signature into an email message.
- Open Outlook and then click on “New Email” in the ribbon bar, which will create a blank email message.
- Once the untitled email message opens, go to the ribbon bar. Click on “Signature” and then “Signatures”
- After the Signatures and Stationery window open, click on “New.”
- Give the newly created signature a name, then click on “OK.” If this is your first signature, it’s better if you name it something like “default.”
- You can Enter as well as format the signature in the text box. You can also choose the font and text size, insert links and images. OR you could also insert a digital business card from Outlook’s address book.
- At the top right of the Signatures and Stationery window, choose which signature you would like to use by default with each of your email accounts. You could also select if you want the signature to appear in email replies, or only in original messages.
- Click on “OK” to save the changes.
How can we add a signature to an email in Outlook?
If you configured Outlook with a default signature, the signature will automatically appear when you start a new email message. To change the signature or to insert one if you didn’t set it as default, follow:
- Open Outlook, then click on “New Email” in the ribbon bar to create a blank email message, just like before.
- After the untitled email message opens, go to the ribbon bar. Click on “Signature.”
- Choose the signature you want to insert from the drop-down list that appears.
If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know how to add signature in Outlook.