Microsoft Word has been helpful for many across various age groups in terms of creating, organizing, and sharing documents. The features are evolving with time in the form of updates and have been improving and catering to the user’s needs.
You can install Microsoft Word on your PC, laptop, or even on your smartphone to create documents offline or work on them online. There might be slight changes to both versions, but overall, the quality remains the same.
You can easily update Microsoft word without any hassle from the below-described steps.
HOW TO INSTALL MICROSOFT WORD?
To install Microsoft Word, you must first purchase Microsoft 365. Earlier it used to have heavy one-time prices, but now it has introduced payment in the form of a subscription where one can use Microsoft 365 for a trial period and buy it at annual or monthly plans.
Although this might seem even more expensive, it is still a viable option as you’re paying a huge sum for a plan that can be applicable to your entire family, group of friends, or colleagues, and you are able to experience all the features offered by Microsoft 365.
- Ensure that your device matches the requirements to support Microsoft Word; that is, the operating system has to include an Intel processor and 256 MB of RAM.
- Go to the Microsoft website or any retailer and purchase the Microsoft office software.
- In case you have purchased online, you will be shown a link that allows you to download and install Microsoft 365. If not, go to the Microsoft store and download the same. To finish the installation, you will be asked for a ‘product key’ that will be provided to you at the time of your purchase of this software, enter that.
- Now, click on start, go to programs, and search for ‘Microsoft word. You can place the icon for the same by right-clicking on the program and selecting the option ‘Send to desktop.
HOW TO UPDATE MICROSOFT WORD?
Once you have finished installing Microsoft Word, you can update it now and then in easy steps.
- Open Microsoft Word and click the Files option on the top left.
- Select “account” in the options.
- Click on the ‘Office updates’ and select ‘Update now’.
This will start the updating process and in just a few mins the process will be completed.
HOW TO FIND OUT IF MY MICROSOFT WORD HAS AN UPDATE?
You can find out if Microsoft has released any updates by opening any of the Office apps like Excel or Word, etc., and going to their files section. Choose the ‘help’ option and look for the ‘check for updates’ option. You will find if any new updates are waiting to be updated or a confirmation that your app is fully updated.
WILL MY DOCUMENTS ERASE AFTER AN UPDATE?
As for now, there has been no issue regarding the files getting erased after finishing an update although, if the system crashes or shuts down forcefully or if there is any power interruption, you may lose your document. There are still chances that you may recover the lost files.
HOW TO AUTO-UPDATE MICROSOFT WORD?
Usually, by default, Microsoft office auto-updates regularly. If this is not enabled, you can open any of the office products like Microsoft Word in this case.
- Choose files once you’ve opened Microsoft Word. Under that, select the account and choose the update options.
- Now, select Enable Updates.
- You will be asked for a confirmation whether you wish Microsoft Office to make changes to your device. Select “yes”.