ESPN’S top-tier ESPN+ subscription offers multiple features. It is a standalone service offering live as well as replayed coverage of sports, and original shows, along with specials unique to the service. However, this costs money. Having an idea of how to cancel ESPN Plus will be useful in times if you’re finding the subscription to be just a bit too expensive in your current situation.
ESPN Plus runs you about $6.99 per month, or if chosen to pay annually, it will cost you $69.99. There are also better Disney-based bundles that include ESPN Plus along with Hulu all in one for $13.99 a month. If you want, you can also purchase a digital gift card for the service.
ESPN Plus has its advantages during the sporting seasons, it also has some wonderful extras as well. You might have got ESPN Plus to dive into extra content and written articles. OR. Maybe you just wanted to watch Michael Jordan play, there are 15 of his best games only on ESPN Plus. However, not every relationship lasts forever.
So, we are providing you with an article, and a guide for canceling the ESPN Plus service in a few different ways. It gets a little complicated depending on how you subscribed. Of course, ESPN makes it easy to get ESPN Plus, removing it is not hard; however, it just takes a few steps.
How to cancel ESPN Plus on a web browser?
Open your ESPN Plus subscription account by visiting the accounts page on plus.espn.com (This will only work if you signed up on the web.)
- Click on Log In, then enter your ESPN account details.
- Then click on Manage.
- Click on Cancel Subscription.
- Confirm your cancellation: by clicking on confirm.
Cancel ESPN+ Subscription by calling them
You have the ability to cancel your subscription the old-fashioned way by calling ESPN Customer Support at 1(800) 727-1800. This is not a secret tip or anything; ESPN mentions this in its ESPN Plus Subscriber Agreement. (Note – ESPN+ says it will not do refunds, full, partial, or otherwise)
How to cancel ESPN Plus in-app purchases through the Play Store or App Store?
If you signed up for ESPN Plus using your mobile device, you need to know how to cancel a Google Play store subscription.
- Open the Google Play Store app, and make sure you are signed in to the right account.
- Tap on the Account icon.
- Tap on Payments & Subscriptions. Then tap on Subscriptions.
- Locate the ESPN+ subscription and select it.
- Tap on Cancel subscription, then follow the on-screen instructions.
- You might have to select a reason for the cancellation of the subscription. Select one from the options, then tap on Continue followed by Cancel subscription.
For an Apple App Store subscription, follow:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on your name.
- Tap on Subscriptions. (If you are not able to see “Subscriptions,” tap on “iTunes & App Store” instead. Then tap on your Apple ID, tap on View Apple ID, and sign in. Scroll down to Subscriptions, then tap on Subscriptions.)
- Select ESPN+
- Tap on Cancel Subscription. If you are not able to see Cancel Subscription, the subscription is already canceled, thus it won’t renew.
How to cancel ESPN Plus from other providers: Roku, and Amazon?
It may be you signed up to ESPN Plus from another provider, for example, Roku or Amazon or iTunes, or some other provider. You can cancel your ESPN Plus subscription, however, it will require a few steps.
How to cancel ESPN+ with Roku?
You have the ability to cancel your ESPN+ subscription billed to your Roku account from the Roku website at any time, just follow the steps given below.
- Visit roku.com on your computer/smartphone.
- Click on Manage your subscriptions.
- After the My subscriptions page appears, you will be able to see all subscriptions billed by Roku, along with terms as well as the renewal date.
- Select your ESPN+ subscription, then click on Unsubscribe to cancel.
- Confirm your cancellation.
How to cancel ESPN+ with Amazon?
You can cancel your ESPN+ subscription billed to your Amazon account from the Amazon website at any time, just follow the instructions given below –
- Visit https://www.amazon.com/appstoresubscriptions on a computer or a smartphone.
- Sign in to your Amazon account.
- Locate your ESPN+ subscription, then click on Actions.
- Click on Cancel your subscription to cancel.
- Confirm your cancellation.
How to cancel ESPN+ for iTunes?
You can cancel your ESPN+ subscription billed to your Apple iTunes account from your computer at any time, just follow the instructions given below –
- Open iTunes on a computer.
- Click on Account from the top navigation, then tap on View My Account.
- (Sign in via your Apple ID, that is if you are not already logged in)
- On the Account Information page, scroll down till you find the Settings section at the bottom.
- Locate Subscriptions, then click on Manage to its right.
- Locate your ESPN+ Subscription, then click on Edit.
- Use the provided options to manage your ESPN+ subscription. You have the ability to choose a different subscription plan. OR. You can just cancel your subscription by clicking on Cancel Subscription.
Even if you cancel, you will have the ability to view ESPN+ content until the end of your current billing cycle. After you cancel you will not be charged on your next bill date.
And that’s it; your ESPN Plus subscription is now canceled! Of course, you will have the ability to continue using it through your existing billing cycle. It is pretty easy to re-sign up if you decide you want to keep in touch with what’s happening. We suggest you go for the Disney Plus/Hulu/ESPN Plus bundle, it is our main recommendation as it can the bundle costs you $13.99 a month. If you want to know How to add Disney Plus Bundle with ESPN Plus to Your Existing Hulu Account, visit this article?
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to cancel an ESPN+ subscription?