- Advertisement -
Windows 11 is a new operating system from Microsoft that gives users more control over updates. The downside to this is it can be difficult to pause Windows 11 updates if you need to do something else on your computer.
Windows 11, like every previous version of Windows, automatically downloads and install updates. It will then restart your PC, at a suitable time, say when you’re not using it outside Active Hours. This is a vital feature to keep running, helps keep your system up to date with security patches and new features. Automatic updates install cardinal security as well as bug patches, however, they can reduce system performance if the PC is being used while the update is in progress.
Windows 11 will automatically download and begin installing these updates as soon as they become available. System updates are becoming a major pain point for many users. These occur automatically without any prior notification, so you might not even notice that the update has started until your system performance takes an unexpected turn for the worse and everything becomes sluggish or unresponsive on screen!
- Advertisement -
Pause Windows 11 Updates: Step-by-step
- Open the Windows Start menu.
- Press the Windows Start button on the Windows 11 desktop
- Click on the Settings app. Open the Settings app in the Windows 11 Start Menu
- Click on System in the left-hand menu.
- It might already be selected by default.
- Click on Windows Update, which can be located near the top of the window.
- Click on Pause updates to pause all the updates for a certain period of time.
- The default is set to one week.
Pausing a Windows 11 update will stop all the active downloads and halt any current installation. In most cases, you can resume where your download or install left off when paused and continue with that process.
You can pause these updates at any time, even if none of them are active. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to pause Windows 11 updates.