If you’re a Windows 11 user, you may have experienced an issue where the login screen doesn’t show your password hint despite being enabled. This can be frustrating, especially if you forget your password and rely on the hint to log in. Fortunately, this is a common issue that can be resolved with a few simple steps. In this troubleshooting guide, we’ll walk you through the process of fixing the Windows 11 login screen not showing password hint error so that you can regain access to your account without any hassle.
The Windows 11 operating system has been designed to make your life easier, but sometimes it can throw up a few errors that can cause frustration. One such error is the Windows 11 login screen not displaying the password hint. If you’re facing this issue, don’t worry, as we have created a detailed troubleshooting guide to help you fix this problem.
Step 1: Check Your Keyboard Settings
Sometimes, the Windows 11 login screen may not display the password hint due to the keyboard settings. To fix this issue, follow these steps:
1. Click on the Start button and select Settings.
2. Click on Time & Language, and then select Language.
3. Under the Preferred languages section, click on the language you’re using, and then click on Options.
4. Scroll down and locate the Hardware keyboard section.
5. Make sure the toggle switch next to Keyboard and character viewer is set to On.
Step 2: Enable the Password Hint Feature
If the password hint feature is disabled, you won’t be able to see the password hint on the Windows 11 login screen. Here’s how to enable the password hint feature:
1. Press the Windows key + R to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type regedit and press Enter.
3. Navigate to the following registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionPoliciesSystem
4. Double-click on the DontDisplayPasswordHint value on the right-hand side.
5. Change the value from 1 to 0.
6. Click OK, and then close the Registry Editor.
Step 3: Update Your Graphics Drivers
Outdated graphics drivers can cause various issues with Windows 11, including the login screen not displaying the password hint. To update your graphics drivers, follow these steps:
1. Press the Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
2. Expand the Display adapters section.
3. Right-click on your graphics card and select Update driver.
4. Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to install the latest graphics driver.
Step 4: Run the System File Checker
If the above steps don’t work, you can try running the System File Checker (SFC) to scan and repair any corrupted system files. Here’s how to run the SFC:
1. Press the Windows key + X and select Command Prompt (Admin).
2. Type sfc /scannow and press Enter.
3. Wait for the scan to complete, and then restart your computer.
Step 5: Perform a System Restore
If none of the above steps work, performing a system restore can help fix the issue. Here’s how to perform a system restore:
1. Press the Windows key + X and select System.
2. Click on System Protection.
3. Click on System Restore.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to choose a restore point and perform the system restore.
The Windows 11 login screen not displaying the password hint error can be frustrating, but with the above troubleshooting steps, you can easily fix the issue. If you’re still facing the problem, it’s best to contact Microsoft support for further assistance.
In conclusion, the Windows 11 login screen not showing password hint error can be quite frustrating, especially if you need to quickly access your account. However, with the troubleshooting guide provided in this post, you can easily resolve the issue and get back to using your computer without any further delays. Remember to always keep your system updated and follow the steps outlined in this post for a seamless login experience. With a little patience and effort, you can successfully fix this error and enjoy using your Windows 11 device.