To delete an Instagram photo there might be multiple options. Instagram is undoubtedly the best social media platform for people who are in love with photography. The app lets you post photos as well as videos on your feed and allows you to share your life with your followers. This is an activity in which more than 1 billion people around the world participate every month. It acts as a great way to catalog your favorite memories, be it birthdays or anniversaries or any special meals or trips.
But if you post something that you didn’t mean to, or if you decide later that you no longer want the post to be visible on your account? It is possible to delete an Instagram post with just a few simple steps. You also have the ability to archive posts instead of completely deleting them so that they are visible to you and only you.
This article will show you how to do both on your iPhone or Android
How to delete an Instagram photo?
- Locate the Instagram app on your iPhone/Android’s home screen, and tap to open it.
- In the bottom right-hand of the screen, tap on the profile icon.
- On the Instagram profile page, tap on the photo you want to delete.
- On the photo page, tap on the three dots in the upper right of the screen, to the right of your username above the photo. This will open an options menu.
- Tap on Delete at the top to delete the photo. You will be asked to confirm your actions in a pop-up window. Tap on Delete again to permanently remove the photo.
How to archive an Instagram post?
- Open the app by locating and tapping the app’s icon on the home screen.
- Tap on the profile icon in the bottom right of the screen.
- Tap on the photo from your feed that you want to archive.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots to the right of your username to launch the settings menu.
- Tap on Archive to archive the photo, this will also remove it from your timeline.
Note – You can view archived posts at any time, to do so tap on the three vertically stacked lines in the upper right of your profile page, then tap on Archive.
Use the drop-down Archive menu at the top to choose between archived posts/Stories.
You can always un-archive the posts, tap on a post, click the three-dot menu at the top right, then select “Show on profile.” This will return the post to your profile page; thus, it will become visible to your followers once again. Along with the comments and likes the post received before you archived it.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to delete Instagram photo