Similar to deleting your search history in browsers you can do it with Google Maps search history. Google Maps has become an essential tool for getting around, even if sometimes Goggle messes up and sends us in the wrong way. Google Maps keeps a record of everywhere we navigate. The app makes it easy to see the location history, along with the exact routes taken. If you have concerns about your privacy, you can delete your history, or you could just disable it entirely.
How to see Google Maps search history? Step-by-step guide
- The procedure for viewing your location history is the same for both iPhone and Android devices.
- Start Google Maps on your phone.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines, they can be found at the top left.
- Tap on “Your timeline.”
You can explore trips you’ve made. Swipe the bottom half of the screen, it’ll change the days. OR tap on the calendar icon at the top to choose a specific day. Google Maps also shows you photos you took using your phone at the locations on your map.
How to delete your Google Maps search history?
- On Your timeline page, tap the three dots at the top right.
- After the pop-up menu opens, tap on “Settings.”
- You will see three options:
- To delete a specific set of locations, select “Delete Location History range” then, tap the Delete range page, choose the start as well as end dates. Then tap on “Delete.”
- To clear your location history entirely, select “Delete all Location History”, then confirm your choice.
- If you want to configure Google Maps such that it will automatically clear your location history. Select “Automatically delete Location History.”
- On the next page, choose whether you want your history deleted every three months or for every 18 months. Then tap on “Next.”
How to disable location tracking?
- On the “Your timeline” page, tap the three dots, they can be found at the top right.
- After the pop-up menu appears, tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Location History is on.”
- On the Location History page, toggle the Location History button to off, i.e., swipe it to the left.
If you liked this, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so that they also know how to View Your Google Maps Search History.