Are you looking for a way to drop a pin on Google Maps? This blog post will show you how to do so in just 3 easy steps. Despite Google Maps having access to the latest servers and satellites, there are still some locations that have are not saved on the Maps server. These locations can be marked by a pin. A dropped pin takes you to the exact location you want to go to without having to type in various locations. A pin is ideal for sharing a particular location with your friends and save them from confusion.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps in Mobile?
- Open the Google Maps
- Find the location you want to drop a pin to. Make sure you zoom in to the highest degree possible, as it will give better results.
- Tap and hold on to the desired location, then a pin will appear automatically.
- Along with the pin, the address/the coordinates of the location will appear on your screen.
- After the pin is dropped, you can see options that allow you to save, label, and share the location that has been pinned.
- Based on requirements, you can label it, save it for future reference or share the location with your friends.
- After the pin has been used you can tap on the cross on the search bar to delete the pin.
However, pins that are saved will appear on your Google map until you manually remove them from the saved column.
How to Drop a Pin on Google Maps in Desktop Version?
- Open the browser and head straight to the official website of Google Maps.
- Again, navigate to the desired area and zoom in either by using your cursor or by pressing the small plus icon.
- Find the target location and click the mouse button. A small pin will be dropped at this location.
- After a location is marked, a small panel will appear on the bottom of your screen that contains the details of the marked location. Click on the panel to proceed.
- This’ll ensure that the pin is dropped at the location.
- A section will appear on the left, providing multiple options to save, label, and share the location.
- Once done, click on the cross icon on the search bar to remove the pin.
How to Drop Multiple Pins on Google Maps?
- Open the Google Maps website.
- Click on the panel that can be seen on the top left.
- Click on Your places, then on Maps.
- In the bottom left corner, select ‘Create Map.’
- A new untitled map will open up. Scroll through the map for the location you want to pin.
- Select the Pin icon and then click on the desired location. You can repeat this process to add multiple pins.
- Various options are provided below the search bar, you can create a route between the multiple pins or even plan a journey.
- The panel on the left gives you an option to share this custom map.
If you liked this article, leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know how to Drop a pin on Google Maps.