This article will show you everything about how to use Venmo: step-by-step instructions on what the process looks like when sending money from one person’s account to another as well as some tips for adding style and personality into your transactions, so they are reflective of who you are.
The number of people using Venmo has been steadily growing. The app is now used by more than 17 million people, and it’s not hard to see why. It’s a free way to send money from your phone that can be customized with emojis and text messages- like a personal touch! If you’re new to the world of “Venmoing” or have no idea how it works, don’t worry- we’ve got you covered.
Venmo is payment through an application service, that’s available for Android and iPhone, where users are able to send, request, and receive money. Venmo grants you the ability to link your debit and credit cards, and bank accounts to send payments to friends or family within the US.
Here’s what all you need to know
How to use Venmo and send money on Venmo using the application?
- Launch Venmo on your iPhone or Android device.
- At the top-right-hand corner of the screen, tap on the payment icon. This is where you send and request money.
- Tap on the payment icon, located at the upper right-hand corner.
- Next, in the text box, enter the name of the person you want to send money to. If you are sending money to someone to whom you’ve never sent money before, you’ll be asked to confirm that.
- Enter the Venmo username of the person you want to send the money to.
- Enter the amount you want to send.
- You can write a brief memo or description of what the payment is for (If necessary).
- Once you’ve filled out the payment amount, tap on “Pay.”
- For the final step, you can specify how you’d like to send the money – you’ll be able to choose between credit or debit cards or bank accounts linked to the Venmo app.
- If everything looks good then tap “Pay” at the bottom of the page. After that you will receive a confirmation email, the transaction will appear on your Venmo profile page.
Once the money is sent, it shows up immediately in the recipient’s account which then can be used either via the Venmo app or the Venmo debit card, or can also be sent to the user’s linked bank account. If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), please leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know about how to use Venmo.