If you have recently bought a new Apple AirPods or AirPods Pro and have been searching for a guide on How to use AirPods, you have come to the right place. We’ll help you learn how to use your iPhone to set up your AirPods. The AirPods can be used with any Bluetooth Device, but full functional Siri connectivity is only available on iPhones or iPads running on iOS 10.2 and above or a Mac running on OS X Sierra.
How to use AirPods with your iPhone?
If you’re setting up your AirPods for the first time ever, make sure that you are using an iPhone with the latest version of iOS, to avail its maximum output.
- Go to your Home screen.
- Keeping the AirPods in their charging case, open the case, then hold it next to your iPhone. You can see a setup animation will appear on your iPhone.
- Tap on Connect.
- If you have AirPods Pro, read the next three screens that are displayed.
- If you have AirPods Pro or AirPods (2nd generation), you also have “Hey Siri” set up before on your iPhone, then “Hey Siri” is ready to be used with your AirPods.
- However, if you haven’t set up “Hey Siri” already and you have AirPods Pro or AirPods, you’ll be guided by the setup.
- Tap on Done.
If you’re signed in to iCloud, your AirPods are set up automatically with all the supported devices that are signed in to iCloud using the same Apple ID.
How to use AirPods with a Mac?
Make sure that your Mac is running on macOS Mojave 10.14.4 or later.
- On your Mac, go to System Preferences from the Apple menu, then open Bluetooth.
- Turn Bluetooth on.
- Both the AirPods should be in the charging case, then open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the status light starts to flash white.
- Select the AirPods from the Devices list, then Connect.
How to use AirPods with a non-Apple device?
You wouldn’t be able to use Siri, but you can listen and talk.
- In your non-Apple device, navigate to Bluetooth and make sure that it’s on.
- If you are using an Android device, then go to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
- Keeping the AirPods inside the charging case, open the case.
- Press and hold the setup button till you see the status light starts to flash white.
- Select your AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices, when they appear select them.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), please leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know about how to use AirPods.