- Advertisement -
To transfer eBooks might not be an easy task, since each device has its own format of reading the eBook format. Amazon Kindle provides a great library of eBooks to read on your Kindle device. However, it may happen that the book you want isn’t available on the Kindle Store. This article will show you how you can transfer any eBook to your Kindle using Calibre.
How to Set Up Calibre on Your Computer?
What we’ll be using is the open-source eBook management app called Calibre. It is available on all platforms of Windows, Mac, as well as Linux. The app provides pro-level features while being easy to use if you want to do something simple like manage your eBook library. OR. Transfer eBooks between devices.
The best part about Calibre is that it converts formats. You don’t need to worry while downloading files in Amazon Kindle’s default eBook format, i.e., the MOBI format. If you have eBooks in the open ePub format, Calibre will automatically convert the eBook before transferring, as long as you use an eBook that is DRM-free.
- Advertisement -
Visit Calibre’s website and download the app. The Calibre Welcome Wizard will guide you.
- For the first step, choose a location for your Calibre Library. You can go with either the default location or change to a different folder. After you’re finished choosing your preferred location, click on “Next”.
- On the next screen, choose your Kindle model, then click on “Next”.
- If you have a Kindle email address set it up, enter the details, then click on “Next”. This is optional, however.
- Now, the process is completed. Click on “Finish” to launch the Calibre app.
How can you transfer eBooks to Kindle Using Calibre?
Now, that we have set up the Calibre app, it’s time to add your downloaded books. You can use both MOBI and ePub format eBooks.
- To add eBooks to Calibre, drag the eBook into the Calibre window from where it is saved.
- Calibre will then import the eBook while fetching related metadata, book details, as well as cover art.
- Connect your Kindle via a USB cable. After Kindle is recognized by Calibre, you will be able to spot a new “On Device” next to the book title column.
- Now transfer the eBooks to the Kindle’s memory. Select a book or multiple, then right-click the selected eBook(s). After the pop-up menu appears, click on “Send to Device”, then click on “Send to Main Memory”.
- If you’ve selected a MOBI eBook, the transfer will finish instantly. If you’ve selected an ePub eBook, Calibre will ask you before converting. When it asks, click on “Yes”.
- Calibre will first convert, then transfer it. This will take time; this depends on the size of the eBook.
- Click on “Jobs” in the bottom-right to monitor the progress.
- Here, you can see a history of all the imports, conversions, as well as transfers across your devices.
- After transferring all the eBooks on your Kindle, safely eject the device.
- In Calibre’s toolbar, open the drop-down icon next to “Device”, then click on “Eject This Device”.
- You can now unplug your Kindle device from the computer, then start reading the book you transferred.
If you liked this article (or if it helped at all), leave a comment below or share it with friends, so they can also know How to Transfer Any eBook to Kindle Using Calibre?