If your Apple Watch stops responding or is frozen and you are not sure how to reset Apple watch, you can try these simple “get it back to normal” steps. In this article, we will explain how to get back your Apple Watch to the normal stage when it is not responding properly.
The first thing that anyone would do is to restart their device which is a basic SOS trick. But you need to remember that you can’t restart an Apple Watch when it is charging, you need to remove the charger if you want to restart it.
How to reset Apple Watch by Restarting Your Apple Watch:
- First, press and hold the button on the right side of the Apple Watch until you see the Power Off option on your screen.
- Drag the Power Off slider, which will turn off your watch.
- After your Watch is turned off, press and hold the same button until you see the Apple logo. This process will help your watch to get back to its default settings.
If the above steps did not work then you need to hard reset your Apple Watch , but you should only choose this process as your last resort. Don’t try to force restart your Apple Watch in the middle of an OS update.
How To Hard Reset Apple Watch:
- Press and hold the button on the right side of the Watch and the Digital Crown for 10 seconds at the same time.
- When you see the Apple logo, release both buttons.
If You Forgot Your Apple Watch Passcode:
- If you forgot your Apple Passcode you need to erase all the data from your Apple Watch completely and then start using it as a new device, or you can restore it from backup.
- If you want to reset your password, you need to press and hold the side button and the screen goes off.
- Long press the digital crown.
- Press Erase all content and setting
- Tap on reset and wait for the process to finish. Once the watch is turned on, you can restore it from backup