Let us see how the apple watch series 6 fares against SE
Apple introduced two new smartwatches in 2020:the Apple Watch Series 6 and the Apple Watch SE. Both devices run watchOS 7 (and watchOS 8 soon), but because the Watch SE is a more affordable version of Apple’s flagship watch, it has fewer features and an older processor i.e. Apple’s S5 chip. The devices have cellular and Wi-Fi-only variants and are available now to purchase.
Let us first know about Apple Watch 6 features and some significant advantages of the Apple Watch 6.
– It has an OLED display and a 44% larger screen than the previous version, which means that it’s more clear even in low light.
– The Apple Watch Series 6 offers water resistance up to 50 meters in depth (the SE is only splash resistant)
– You can use Siri on your watch without having to say “Hey Siri” or touch the device. Simply raise your wrist and speak into the microphone built into the side of your Apple Watch. This feature also works with Amazon Alexa for iPhone users who have enabled their phone’s “Actions App” setting.
– There are three buttons on one side of this new model: two physical buttons and an extended digital crown button called Digital Crown + Side
Also, let’s dive into some key features of the Apple Watch SE
– The Apple Watch SE has a smaller and more lightweight design.
– It also comes with the same 40 mm or 44 mm options as the Series Four, so it’s a great choice if you don’t want to wear something that’s too big on your wrist.
– You can still use all of its functions without an iPhone nearby by using Wi-Fi but when out of range, cellular connectivity will be needed for many features like calls and texts.
– The Watch SE also has a display that automatically changes between light and dark modes, but it does not have the option for an always-on screen.
Apple Watch Series 6 vs. Apple Watch SE: Which should you buy?
The Watch Series 6 starts at $399 (£379, AU$599), while the Watch SE costs $279 (£269, AU$429). If you’re interested in either smartwatch but aren’t sure which one you need to buy, read on for some key differences between them and advise about whether they are right for you.
– Watch Series six has a larger display and more features. The screen on the Apple Watch SE is 38 mm, while the Display of the watch series 6 ranges from 42 mm to 50 mm. It also includes improved heart monitoring capabilities that were previously only available in an ECG version of the smartwatch sold by Apple for $399 (£379, AU$599).
– Both have cellular connectivity, but Wi-Fi can be used with series four or later models without an iPhone nearby. Cellular connectivity is not currently available in watches SE, so you’ll need your phone close by if you want to make calls from it; this will soon change when Verizon launches its service as well (with AT&T the following suit next year).